Tuesday 20 December 2011

The Guest Room

Hello everyone,

Christmas is getting closer by the minute. I have been very busy but I try my best to post regularly.

Today I will be sharing with you the Guest room, which is the last room of Chestnuts.

The Guest Room

Well it is quite a floral room. Most of the furniture was hand built. The curtains and bedding where sewn by me. I have also upholstered the armchair. Actually the armchair was the first piece of furniture that I did of the whole house.

The carpets have been done by me which are tapestries. The blanket in the cot was hand knitted by me too. 

The frames are hand made and the two oval frames where buttons which I have transformed them into portraits. 

 Even if it's a small room and actually just a guest room or a spare bedroom, I truly love the color scheme. 

Well I guess this is it and the final room for The Chestnuts house. 

Next time I will be sharing with you some Christmas Spirit in Chestnuts and then will go to a completely new project. So keep tuned.

Take Care
Rebecca xxx

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely room, the furniture is great especially the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,

    Just seen your room and it looks fantastic, never new their was someone else in Malta that enjoys dollshouses, I have quite a few and just finishing a Tudor from scratch in my own design and looks great so far but still more work to be done just keep adding on, and I also live in Malta St. Julians kind regards lillian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Diane and Lillian for your comments.

    It is good to know that there are other Maltese folks who love dolls houses.

    ReplyDelete