Friday 11 October 2024

First Book Launch at The Dolls House Nederland Show

 Hello Everyone, 

How are you? I hope you are all well and having a great week. It has been a week today since my entourage and I travelled to The Netherlands.  I am still recovering from the first launch of my new book, 'Designing and Decorating a Period Dolls' House' at the Dolls House Nederland Show in Arnhem.


What can I say, It was an amazing experience that I will never forget.  Apart from the launch, it was the first time that I actually took part as a participant with my own stand.  I was also happy that my girls travelled with me for the occasion.  We arrived on Friday where we took it easy, and enjoyed the City of Arnhem. In the evening the excitement started to rise especially when we came to set our stand. 



I had made a replica of the sitting room of  No 44 Mornington House which is also featured on the cover of the book. 



The books were all displayed nicely on the table and I also had a few of my own miniatures available for the show.


My girls had matching tops with the logo of My Miniature World. 


My first signed copy of the book was given to the amazing Dutch artist Mr. H. J. Goergen. It was an overwhelming moment and I was so honoured that he wanted a copy of my book. 



Both the dates were packed and it was lovely to make new acquaintances and friends. 




It want to thank Rika and Marcus the organisers of the Dolls House Nederland Show that gave me the opportunity to take part in the show. 



I got to meet some friends, Karen from the UK during this year we got to meet three times in three different countries.


The girls have been fantastic. Very supportive and helped me through it all. 




Sunday was another great day. A dear friend Annigje and ex-President of the Douzelage European Town Twining came all the way from Merssen to visit. 


I got to meet and make friends with Irish artist Thomas Murray who also got a signed copy of my book.




The girls made a short video of our adventure and captured some special moments. 



I also managed to get some goodies for myself during the show. 

Doll made by Spanish artist Victoria Heredia Guerbos

Several 3d print kits from Art of Mini

Trunk kit from Mini Vinage

Bohemian little table kit from Melissa's LaserVille 

The small jewellery cabinet from Heidi Ott Miniatures

Hand-made desk from Dutch artist H. J. Goergen 


It was an amazing experience for both the girls and me. A memory that will be never forgotten. Now I am preparing more miniatures for to the launch that will be held in Kensington Dolls House Christmas Show in London. I am looking forward to it. 

I hope you like my new miniatures and enjoyed my new landmark. Make sure to keep tuned for the next update and latest news. 

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx


 


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, dear Rebecca! you totally deserve all honors. The book looks fantastic!
    A warm hug,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Drora. I really appreciate it ❤️

      Delete
  2. Celebro que te sientas a gusto con la experiencia que has vivido.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete