Monday 11 March 2013

The Witch's Den - Fairy Tale Magical Mystery Tower


 Hello my dear friends,

I have been really busy in these last few days and I can't believe that a week passed since my lost blog. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I want to welcome 2 new followers of my blog Lynn Cox and Fernando Nascimento. Welcome!

Haven't done much to the tower but today I will be sharing with you some work that I have done in the   ground floor room which will be transformed into the Witch's Den. This is also based on some of my favorite Disney fairy tale stories such as Snow White. I have also been working on some polymer clay miniatures for the setting. 

The Witch's Den
Firstly I wall papered the walls and floor and added a black lantern which will fit in perfectly for the scene. Then the tough part came. Trying to figure out how many pieces of furniture can be added to the little room.

I have scratched built a fire place for this room which is made out of balsa wood and polymer clay. The head's dragon and the serpents on the sides are made out of polymer clay. After painting and trying to make it look realistic as much as possible I also made a cauldron out of polymer clay to fit the fire place. I am very pleased with the outcome. 

The Witch's Fire Place


  

 I have sculptured a rose and a lady's hand mirror how it is featured in Disney's Animated movie Beauty and the Beast.

Disney's animated picture in Beauty and The Beast
My polymer clay Rose and hand mirror
I have gotten myself some bare wood furniture for this room which I have painted. I have added marbled polymer clay to the surface of the wine table. This is because it had a deep edging. The effect came out really nice. Unfortunately I haven't found the perfect table to fit in the middle of the room, so I guess I have to do one myself. I have also done a skull out of polymer clay. That one gives me the creeps. So this is how it is looking so far.

The wine table withe the marbled surface

The polymer clay skull. Spooky! 

The Witch's Den

 So this is how it is looking so far. I still have to add lots of minis to the scene. The only problem is the space of these rooms is so limited. Hope you like what I did so far. Keep tuned as I will be updating you very soon with more of my progress.

Take Care and See you soon.

Rebecca xxx




10 comments:

  1. Your rose in the glass is extremely well made​​. ¨
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Wyrna. Glad that you like it so much

      Delete
  2. It's amazing as always Rebecca! I love the Rose in the glass and the hand mirror! So realistic! I'm so proud of you on this project as I know how challenging it is for you! You just never stop!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my dear Erin. I try my best to make it look very close to the real thing. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't . xxx

      Delete
  3. The fireplace is perfect for this room.
    I like your rose in the glass and the hand mirror.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Faby. Glad you like my miniatures. xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow your fireplace is wonderful. I love your rose and mirror. Looking forward to seeing more.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maria for your kind words. I really appreciate it. xxx

      Delete
  5. Love your hand sculpted items especially the rose, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Diane. Glad that you like it. xxx

      Delete