Thursday 26 June 2014

Adding Miniatures and Accessories to The Coffee Corner

Hello my dear friends,

Finally I found time to sit down and post. The day isn't long enough. The kids have started their summer school break and it is just fun to have them here with me. I really enjoy their company even if they tire me out. The weather is getting hotter but hasn't settled in. I wanted to welcome a new follower to my blog Welcome MelyMel. 

I also wanted to remind you about the free give away. You still have time to join in. The closing date is on 30th June and the lucky winner will be announced the next day. For more information you can click on the picture on the right hand side of my blog page.

Today I will be sharing you what I have been up to with my Coffee Corner shop. I am really enjoying this small project even if I am not working on it every single day.

So I have added most of the items that I have been making and it still seams not enough. I have made some more canisters. These are made out of ceramic but I have decorated them with the same shops logo.

Ceramic Canisters with shops Logo
 My father has hand painted for me another lovely piece for the shop. I am so happy with the scales and it fits so well in the scene.

Hand Painted scales and my hand made coffee machine.
I also wanted to introduce you to the owner of 'The Coffee Corner'. Here is our dear Manuel. He is Italian but he lives in Britain. He fitted in the shop so well. He reminds me so much of Manuel in the British comedy 'Fawlty Towers'. 

The Shop Owner Manuel
And here comes the exciting part. I really enjoy adding all the little miniatures and accessories in place. It gives me great pleasure as it relaxes me. I can spend hours and I wouldn't even know that I did. So firstly I decorated the shop counter's lower part with the same wall paper border that I have designed and printed. I loved how it looked and I also added some golden cardboard paper in the inside of the display to make it look richer.  I have placed the cakes on ceramic plates which have also been decorated with the shop's logo and have placed them in the counters.

The shop Counters




Then I added my decorated ceramics to the open dresser and added some more miniatures to it. It is not complete yet as I still have to add some more pieces in the lower part.

My ceramics and miniatures.
I have also added the canisters and tins in the wall shelves and added more pieces to the side table. I am still not happy with them as they need more details and definitely they need to be moved.

Adding miniatures to the wall shelves and side table.



Here are some pictures of how the whole shop looks like at the moment.

Here is Manuel in his lovely shop
He must be very happy with the new business




Hope you have liked what I have done so far. There is still so much to do and add. So please do keep tuned as I will be updating you soon with the final few additions.

Take care and see you soon.

Hugs

Rebecca xxxx

8 comments:

  1. Manuel is perfect! I hope he doesn't have a pet rat in the coffe shop ;) i love the way you have decorated the ceramics, very up-market and trendy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan for your kind words. No rats in this shop I hope. :-)) xxxx

      Delete
  2. Great coffee shop. I love all the wonderful details. Lovely decorated ceramic canisters.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Drora. I am glad that you like what I have done so far. Hugs xxxx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful coffee shop. I like the details and the wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Faby, The wallpaper was designed and printed by me. xxx

      Delete
  4. Your coffee shop is absolutely gorgeous! The added extras are really filling it out beautifully. Having the shop logo on the canisters and cups and plates makes everything blend in perfectly. I'm trying to imagine what else you could put in there! I hope your Manuel isn't as incompetent as the Fawlty Towers Manuel!! ☺
    Kind regards, Brian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brian for your wonderful comments I really appreciate it. It takes me a while to add the miniatures but adding details as much as possible bring the shop more to life. I am very sure that this Manuel has more sense in his head if he is running the business. I will keep an eye on him just in case :-)

      Delete