Monday 28 July 2014

Finishing The Coffee Corner!

Hello my dear friends,

I hope you all a great weekend. I can't believe that we are at the end of July. Time does fly. I also wanted to welcome a new follower and friend to my blog Lars Mikkelsen. WELCOME! He is a fantastic miniature craft's man especially in wood turnings and furniture and he has a lovely shop at Etsy called Built In Wood.

Today I will be sharing with you the final stages of The Coffee Shop. I have added the last few additions and now I am so thrilled that it is complete. It has taken me a while to finish the room box but it was worth the effort.

So I wanted you all to meet Mr. Thornton. Mr. Thornton is one of the regular clients of The Coffee Corner. Rain or shine Mr. Thornton goes to the shop for the same cuppa and his slice of chocolate fudge cake at 9:00 a.m. sharp. Manuel and Mr. Thornton have become good pals over the years. They enjoy a chat over the news paper or the neighborhood's gossip. There was a day or two when Mr. Thornton didn't show up in the morning when he was ill but Manuel was kind enough to take his scrumptious goodies at the Thornton residence and have his daily chat with his old friend.

Mr. Thornton



Manuel and Mr. Thornton at The Coffee Corner
Mr. Thornton was made especially for me too and he is a one of a kind. He has fitted in perfectly and I love his expression. He is in his early 60's and quite jolly.

Mr. Thornton in The Coffee Corner



I have made some print outs for the setting which I have designed. I have made some small menus with the shop's logo. I am really pleased how they turned out. I also added another poster of the shop's offered coffee and a small notice on the door.

The miniature menus

The Door Notice

The Coffee Menu Chart
I was also busy adding more accessories to every part of the room especially on the side table and shelves. I tried to add what really fits in the scene. The ceramic cups where filled with liquid polymerclay and I am pleased how they filled up the empty spaces.

Shelves

The Side table



Well I guess that is all and this completes my coffee shop. Here are some pictures of the complete shop.








I will miss this project like I always miss the rest of the finished projects. I have really tried to add detail to it as much as possible and I think I quite succeeded. Today The Coffee Corner is now placed next to my 'Matquel's Antiques & China Shop' which they look great together.

The Coffee Corner next to Matquel's 
I hope you have enjoyed following this project. The next time we will meet I will be sharing with the the final stages of the restoration of my Toll House. Then I will start my new project.....but that is another story to tell so please do keep tuned.

I also wanted to let you know that my 11th miniature downloadable book is available now called 'The Book of Dragons'. I have also added some new miniatures to my Etsy shop where you can see them at My Miniature World Shop.

Take Care and see you all soon.

Hugs,

Rebecca

8 comments:

  1. Hello Rebecca! Your little coffee corner is ADORABLE! You certainly have made this a stopping in place not just for Mr.Thornton but also for every other coffee lover in the neighborhood. Your characters are delightful and the expressions on both their faces show them to be good souls with kind hearts. You have really arranged this very small space, very efficiently and with lots of charm and details!
    Beautiful work and a Project Well Done!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth for your wonderful comments and kind words. I don't know what to say but I am very happy that you liked it. xxx

      Delete
  2. A charming little place! I really love the unique china with your own logo, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan. I really appreciate it. xxx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Carmen. Realmente lo aprecio.xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi Rebecca! I didn't think you could possibly add anything else to your coffee shop, but you have! A customer (of course!!!!) The menus (of course!!!!) the menu notice and the door sign, all fit in perfectly and the end result is all the richer for it! Well done on such a superb room! I can't wait to see your next project!
    Kind regards, Brian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brian for everything. I am so chuffed. I wonder if there is more room for anything else. Only time can tell. x

      Delete