Tuesday 26 July 2016

Sea Shells - Looking Better Already!

Hello everyone.

Hope you are having a great week and that Summer is treating you good. I am very very busy we so many things. While enjoying my kids on during their Summer break, I still have to fit in some miniature work. We have started clearing up our new premises so hopefully we will start really working on it in August. While setting up the whole thing it is slightly hard to really concentrate on my hobby even if it is for the hobby. 

Before I start I wanted to welcome five new followers to our blog; Veronique Blommaart, Linda, Rhonda, Karen and Danielle Jarosz. A Big welcome to you all. Also today I will be announcing our winner of the free Give Away who is Barbara Lindsay. Please send me an email witb your details so I can send you the book. We will be having a new Give Away in just a couple of weeks so keep an eye out. 

Today I wanted to share with you some progress that I have made on the renovation of my Summer House called Sea Shells. My intentions are not to fully renovate it but to give it a much better look at least from the inside. For some reason it looked childish to me.


More Works on Sea Shells
So I added a few more to the living area. I wanted to see how it would look with two arm chairs. So far I like the idea. I am thinking of adding a small coffee table in the center. some more shelves and even a small hall table by the side. I hope it all fits. 

As the lights were not properly fixed in the ceiling. I have made new lights and passed it through  the ceiling as it should have been done from the 1st place. This dolls house was my very first kit by DHE that I built. I also gave a little color to the stair railings so it won't look all white. I think it looks much better.


The living area
Then I started working on the 1st floor which is the bed room. I have changed the wall papers and flooring.  I decided to cover the whole wall this time and I think it matches. Being a Summer House called Sea Shells I went for a pale light blue for both rooms. Eventually I think I will be nick name it the 'Blue One'.

Bed Room



To continue with the stair case I have also painted the railings with a different shade of brown. For some reason I always thought that this particular room had something missing. The room is quite small but than again the height of the room is too big as it has a pitched roof so it is understandable. To add more character I thought of adding some beam work in the ceiling and I think it was a good idea for this room. I think it looks much better and at least that empty space was filled.

Beam work in the bedroom
I have added some pieces of furniture just for fun to see how it looks with the new decor and I think I like it very much. I am still not sure about the furniture. I am still considering to keep it the way it was before but I guess I have to wait and see until something comes up.

So far this is how the rooms look like at the moment.

Bed Room

Living room
So this is all for today. I hope you like what I have done so far. Apart from decorating it I still have to work on the roof on the outside which I will be tiling so I have lots to do there. Keep tuned for the next update.

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx

4 comments:

  1. So far I love it! That floor is amazing. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be so busy with everything Rebecca. Good luck with everything and keep up the good work. I love that flooring.

    ReplyDelete