Thursday 21 September 2017

The Artist's Private Quarters at J.R. Art Gallery

Hello everyone,

Almost another week has gone by. Hope you are all fine. It has been days since my last post but I have been very busy working mostly on the Gallery. It seems like I can't get my hands of it. I am enjoying every moment of it. I have also been busy like always with my everyday life and making miniatures for clients. As from tomorrow I'll start with the old routine. Matthias starts his last year at Junior School. Quite a tough year for him but I'm sure we will pull it through. The girls have another week to go. I will be missing the lad. It's always heartbreaking seeing them going back to school.

The Artist's Private Quarters
I couldn't help myself from not starting working on the top floor room which will be the artist's private quarters. Like always a one room suite that has to have everything. One of the most difficult rooms to design is by trying to fit an entire home in one room.  The good thing about this particular room is that it's quite spacious. 

I started off by paneling the floor strips. It takes a while to cut and measure but like I always say at the end, it's worth every minuite.



Once the floor was done. I used a needle tool to make tiny wholes at the end of each wood strip to give the impression that the wood planks are nailed down. After that I stained the floor in dark oak color. 



Before wall papering the walls, I had decided to add an out door wall light to the side of the wall which required to groove the inside wall for the wiring.


Once that was set. I started wallpapering the walls. I used a very simple wall paper in a light green and cream color.



I had a very clear picture of  how I wanted this room. Believe it or not the inspiration for this room came much before it had for the gallery. I knew exactly what pieces of furniture I wanted and where to put them.

The first piece of furniture that I started working on was the cast iron bed. I have painted the head and foot pieces and built it. I have made the mattress and started sewing the bedding for it. Nothing too flashy just in simple cream with a little lace.



I had to do the bed first as I wasn't sure on which side I wanted it and secondly I had to take measurements for a piece of furniture that I intended to built myself. As it is a one room that will be having pretty much the necessary things to live in, I had to give it some character. I have decided to make a built in wardrobe just next to the bed. 

It took me quite some time to built and decorate but at the end I was very pleased.



I have also made a couple of shelves for Mr/ J. Rookie's personal stuff. 




Just like the wardrobe I also wanted to built a fire surround for the small Victorian style Range. The tiny stove came as a kit which I have built and painted. Once that was done and ready I started taking measurements and built the fire surround.





I have printed another painting on canvas to put on the mantel piece wall and added a few of my own hand painted miniatures.



There is still a lot of work to do in this room. I have to add a few more furniture pieces. lights, wood trimmings and accessories. 

Here are a few pictures of the room with it's new details so far.









I am pretty sure that Mr. J. Rookie will enjoy his room eventually when he moves in. So this is all for now. I have been also working on the gallery and it's filling up nicely. Keep tuned for the next update on J.R. Art Gallery.

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,


Rebecca xxx

12 comments:

  1. Has hecho un gran trabajo en esa habitación! se ve tan linda y confortable!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias. Realmente lo aprecio. Abrazos xxx

      Delete
  2. Great work so far. I love the atmosphere of this room, can´t wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alexandra. I can't wait to finish it. xxxx

      Delete
  3. What is the fireplace made from? The room is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn, The fireplace is made out of resin but I have given it more detail.x

      Delete
  4. Very tasteful LOVE the teddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. Glad you like it. Yes I love the teddy. it was one of the first that I did. xxx

      Delete
  5. Where do u get that tiny stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am assuming that the tiny stuff are ones that are on the mantel piece. Those are made by me.

      Delete
  6. Yo también creo que el Sr. J. Rookie va a estar feliz en su habitación :) Me encanta la idea del armario empotrado!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias por sus maravillosos comentarios y amables palabras. xxxx

      Delete