Sunday 8 October 2017

Giving more Character to the Artist's Private Quarters.

Hello everyone,

Hope you enjoyed your weekend and that you are all well. Today I have so much to share with you. I have been quite busy with my miniature work lately, but I always try to find some time to enjoy my own miniature passion. Sometimes it's more than usual and sometimes it's much less.  Either way I wouldn't miss it for the world. It's seems like I can't get enough from this project.  I have really put my heart and soul in it. 

The Artist's Private Quarters
 I am really enjoying decorating this room. There is so much to add and so much to do. I guess decorating this room you can actually have a clear picture of the artist's character and of what he likes. 

The first thing that I did was to change the decor on the mantel piece. I think it was too much for the room and I wanted something a bit more simpler. The tiny Ballerina was a tiny charm that I got to change and also paint. 



I wanted to add a little detail to the bed area. So far I have added a painting on top of Mr. Rookie's bed and added a photo frame and one of his favorite books. There is a good chance that I will be changing the curtains of the room.




The next thing to add was the Artist's table and stool. I have enjoyed building it and making it's accessories. It took me a while to finish it but at the end it's always worth it. Eventually I'm hoping to add some sort of unfinished painting on the empty easel unless it will be too much for the room. 





I added a chair in the middle of the room with a tiny doll. Don't ask me, "Why a doll??!!" Maybe the artist has a passion for pretty fine dolls or it belongs to a loved one.  The tiny doll was commissioned for me by the lovely doll maker Beverly Senatore. Once again Beverly has made a fantastic job on such a tiny doll. Pictures don't give her any justice. From here I would like to thank you Beverly, for such a cute little doll. It fitted in so well in the scene. xxx



I wanted to add something more being the private quarter's of an artist. Believe me this miniature has tested my patience big time. I actually gave up on it and dumped it in the paper bin only to be picked up again the next day. I refuse that a miniature gets the best of me. It's not perfect but it fitted in. So finally I had finished the tiny artist mannequin which I made using toothpicks. 


The tiny mannequin was added to a wall shelf which I painted. I have also added a couple of art accessories.

 
Below the same wall shelf  I added another finished painting and added a stool with an empty bird cage. 


Finally the last addition to the room was Mr. Rookie's writing desk. Another piece which I enjoyed building and making accessories for. It took me three days to finish but I love the end results. On the chair I have also made Mr. Rookies journal. 





On top of the desk there is a small wall shelf where I have placed one of my own hand painted miniatures. A tiny figurine of the Virgin Mary. I also added an Orchid pot and another bottle. 




I got to fix the ceiling and added the lights. I couldn't help not turning the lights on to see how the room looks. Here are some pictures of how the room looks so far. 














I hope you like what I have done so far. There is still more details that I would like to add to this room even if it is quite full. I'm still not fully happy with it. 

This is all for today. Keep tuned for the next update on this project.

Take Care and See You Soon

Hugs,

Rebecca xxxx

12 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, Rebecca! I love the way you've laid thing out - everything an artist needs to became inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jodi. I'm pleased that you liked it xxx

      Delete
  2. It is wonderful with so many great details and lovely miniatures. Thank you for sharing these great photos. You have done a wonderful job here.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Drora for your kind words. I really appreciate it xxx

      Delete
  3. Your mini artist's mannequin is Adorable, and quite the accomplishment! :))
    What a cosy retreat for your aspiring artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. Quite tricky but I have managed at the end. xxx

      Delete
  4. Un regalo para la vista, Rebecca!Y celebro que rescataras a ese pequeño maniquí porque es maravilloso! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work! It inspires me to step up my game.

    ReplyDelete