Sunday 12 November 2017

Closing the Curtains to the J.R. Art Gallery.

Hello everyone,

How are you all? Hope you all had a great weekend. November is passing through fast and soon we will be preparing for Christmas. I have been working on a few new Christmas miniatures. There is a good chance that I might make a tiny Christmas miniature project like I always do. This time it will be really small. I'm really busy this year. In just a few weeks all my dolls houses will be moving to their new home. 

Today I will be sharing with you the complete project of J.R. Art Gallery. I still can't believe that it is all done and ready. 

J.R. Art Gallery

It's heart breaking seeing such a loved project coming to an end. This project took me 3 months from start to finish and I enjoyed every minute of it. 


As the artist's private quarters was complete I had to focus more on the gallery.  I wanted to give it more detail especially on the counter of the gallery.

I have added one of my own hand painted miniature cash registers and added more detail to it. 



On the other side of the counter I have made a Victorian style frame stand made out of cardboard and I also added a tiny painting on the frame. 



To the counter I added more tiny frames  and pieces of canvas to fill in. On top of the counter I added another bust that I painted and a few more details such as the jar full of paint brushes and a finished painting ready to be packed for a client. 



I added a few more paintings and a few more busts on pillars around the gallery. The Gallery is full to the brim.








Finally a few new clients arrived to the gallery to see what Mr. Rookie has to offer. 





Even the lovely Miss Leah decided to take a look. The gallery has so much to offer. She was so impressed and congratulated the talented artist. I wonder which painting she would go for. 






I had one brunette doll that was made by my dear Beverley Senatore.  I have had her for years but never got to use her in any of my projects or even tried to dress her. 


I thought of dressing her up. She would make a fine companion to Mr. Rookie. I dressed her up in a Victorian morning out-fit and a pretty hat with matching parasol. 




Here is Miss Reeva who will be part of this project. I really hope that Mr. Rookie will like her.  She has eyed some nice paintings especially the most prestige ones in the gallery. 

Here are the final pictures of the J.R. Art Gallery.













I really hope that you have enjoyed this project. It is overwhelming when closing the curtains to a loved project. This one has a very special place in my heart. Before closing this post, I want to thank my dearest José and Beverly for making this project more special. I also want to thank you all for following this project through the blog. 

I'm pretty sure you are all asking me what's next on the agenda.???? I am already preparing for a bigger project which will be part of Regent Street as well.  At the moment I'm studying the building and getting supplies to start it off. In the mean time I am working on a small display box and even thinking of making a tiny Christmas project, so make sure to keep tuned as I will be having new things to share.

Take Care and see you soon.

Hugs,

Rebecca xxxx

14 comments:

  1. Well done on this project Rebecca. I enjoyed reading about it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Megan, I really appreciate it xxx

      Delete
  2. I am rather sorry this wonderful project is completed. I loved every step of the work you showed. The dolls are beautifully dressed. They look as if they came out of a painting. (Good subjects for the painter.)
    The picture frames are beautiful and the little statues are very cute.
    You did a great job with the cash too, filling it with cash money. No end to your imagination!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Drora for your wonderful comments. I am sp glad that you liked it. I guess it's time to move to the next. Hugs xxxxx

      Delete
  3. I have enjoyed so much following the progress of this project. The final result is beautiful, there are so many little treasures here and there. Great job! I will keep in tune for what´s coming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alexandra for your kind words. Glad you liked it. xxxx

      Delete
  4. There are no words to describe the wonderful job you did, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elena. It means so much to me. xxxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  5. Well done! I loved following the progress of this project and am looking forward to your next one. :)
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvette for your following this project. Time to move on to the next xxxxx

      Delete
  6. Hi Rebecca, the J.R. Art Gallery looks stunning in all it's beauty! You've done a tremendous job, and the whole project is a tribute to your skills and artistry. I can see the love dripping off it, and for me it also feels strange to know it has come to an end, as I was following your progress as well!
    It was a great pleasure and privilege for me to contribute in a small way to it; I feel connected with it, and with you. Again, congratulations and wishing you lots of success with the next one!! Love, José

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my dearest Jose for your wonderful comments. It is very overwhelming to see this project coming to an end. It is an honor to have your paintings in the gallery. They make the project more special. I guess it time to move on to the next one which I'm looking forward to. Hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  7. Hi Rebecca.
    Your gallery is wonderfull.
    Congratulations.
    Es un trabajo espectacular, muy cuidado en todos los rincones.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it xxxxx

      Delete