Thursday 21 June 2018

The Front of the Master Swordsman Pub & Inn

Hello everyone,

Hope you are having a great week. Today is the first day of Summer. Looking forward like always to my warm or more likely hottest 3 months of the year. In a few days the kids will start their long school break and that is something that I totally enjoy.

After coming back from Germany, I didn't have much time to do anything with my project. Posy had a great time there too and you can find out about her Adventure in Bavaria Germany in her blog.

I worked mostly on the front of the building of The Master Swordsman Pub & Inn which makes the building pretty much complete on the outside.


I started off by wall papering the interior of the front. Every wall paper corresponds according to each room.


When the wall paper was set and dry. I added the inside window trimmings and also added the details to the front.



I added the pavement to the front which I have individually tiled using textured cardboard.



I am very happy with the result of the paving and with that the front was hinged in place to the building.

As much as I like the buildings looking clean, I enjoy weathering the outside especially a building that has a very light color. Using earth color pastels I started weathering the roof terrace and then the front.



When I was happy with the weathering of the building, it was time to start working on the curtains for the windows. I like making my own curtains for most of my dolls houses. I start first by designing the pelmet and cutting them out using cardboard.


With the pelmets done, I covered them with matching fabric which was used for the rooms.

Pub's Pelmets


Staircase curtain and the pair of curtains for the guest room.

Parlour Curtains

It took me a while to finish them, but at the end it's always worth it.



With that the front was complete. Here are a few more pictures.




It's looking good so far. Most probably I will still be adding a few touches here and there.

Hope you all like how the front turned out. I can't wait to add the building to the other properties in my Regent Street.

So this is all for today. Keep tuned for the next update on this project.

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs

Rebecca

12 comments:

  1. La fachada ofrece un aspecto soberbio!!! Y las manchas de intemperie te han quedado muy reales,se ve magnífico!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias. Estoy tan feliz de que te haya gustado. Abrazos xxx

      Delete
  2. I do like it! The weathering is very realistic and it looks like a real pub! And you curtains shield the inhabitants from the prying eyes of passers-by. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Veronique for your kind words. I am thrilled that you liked it. Xxx

      Delete
  3. Looks wonderful! So polished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha quedado espectacular cada detalle. Felicidades.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the front of your house, outside and especially inside. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan. I'm glad that you like it. Xxx

      Delete