Friday 16 November 2018

Live on TV Show 'Life & Style'

Hello everyone,

How are you all? I hope that you are all set for another weekend. For the past few days I'm a bit under the weather but I am sure I will be better in no time. Before I start I wanted to welcome the new followers of the blog and on Google Plus WELCOME!

I have been quite busy during the week. Let's say it was a bit more than usual. I didn't have time to tell you that it's been a week today that I have been live on the Maltese TV Show 'Life & Style.'




A few days before the actual date, I received a phone call from Ms. Joanne Tanti, inviting me to take part in the TV show 'Life & Style' on NET TV Channel. I was asked to bring some sort of miniature that I could make which eventually will turn into a big project. I only had three days to think about a project that I could carry with me to the studio.

I thought of a small room box which would be easy to handle. It would be great to fill the library with my own miniature books. Being so short on time and I didn't really know what was expected from me I opted to take one of Melissa's Lazerville chair kits with me which I could build, paint and decorate there on the set. 

Melissa and I
I am pleased to say that even if I was acquainted with Melissa online, I got to meet her during the Doll, Teddy and Miniature Fair in The Netherlands last month. It was great to get to meet her in person. Her kits are very nice and I enjoy doing them even if they are made out of cardboard. You can visit her Shop at etsy called Melissa' s Miniwereld.

So the day came and I was very nervous. I had all my stuff prepared to take with me to the studio.  I arrived at the Media Link and I was introduced to the producer and to the presenters of the show. They made me feel relaxed immediately and welcomed me to the team. 

The Set
So there I was at the set preparing my stuff before being aired live on TV, getting orientated to my surroundings and hoping that I won't mess it up.  They added more make up in their lovely dressing room. Offered me coffee or tea a 100 times or if I wanted to drink anything else.  As the show was about to start I also got to be in the control room to see how everything works, hearing them counting the seconds and all the exciting things which to them is just another day of work.

My time was up and I was called to the set. The first part was the introduction to myself and the passion of my dolls houses. 


After the introduction was made. I put myself to work and started working on the cute little chair while the show continued with the other guests.



In the second part I got to finish building the chair and also managed to paint it. 









Between the second part and the third part I didn't have much time to finish the chair as I wanted, but managed to do the soft furnishings of it. 











 As I wasn't happy with the finishing of the chair, as soon as I was home I got myself busy and finished it off with the braiding and even painted the decor on the fabric. 

Here is the finished chair now which will look lovely in the library.




I will be back on the TV Show 'Life & Style' next Friday at 12:45 pm on the Maltese Channel Net TV. 

Before I close the post today I have an announcement to make. The winner of the miniature Give away Book is Ricardo Santos. Well done Ricardo! Kindly send me a private message or email with your details so I can post the book. I want to thank you all for participating in the draw. There will be more give aways coming soon so don't give up. 

This is all for today, Keep tuned for the next update and more.

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx














15 comments:

  1. O myyyy!!! This is all fabulous...well done you 🙂❤️ And congratulations to Ricardo 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your TV interview! What a wonderful experience for you. Love the chair once you got it completely finished. Congratulations Ricardo on your win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yvette. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. I think it's so cool that you were put in the spolight and so well deserved.
    Your idea to start an exhibition started all this. Congratulations!

    Also congratulations to Ricardo for winning the lovely book!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful interview and you managed very well to build a chair in view of the short time and circumstance.
    Congratulations to the winner of your lovely book!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Drora. It wasn't easy but I have managed.

      Delete
  5. Hello rebecca and to all those who spend a few hours here to visit this magnificent blog. What a great surprise to have won the competition, it's the first time I've won something and then one of my favorite miniaturists. I was reading the whole post and did not even realize that Ricardo was Me !!! I spent some time away from the miniatures for personal reasons (I lost my grandmother two years ago who was my great friend and helped me to make the miniatures) and also economic reasons I was moving away from the miniatures. And was here again in this magical place that I have again desire to restart in this world of minis.
    I want to congratulate Rebecca for her presence on TV and I really liked it and the chair was beautiful.
    A hug for Rebecca! and continue to dream and make others dream ...
    many many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ricardo for your kind words. It means a lot to me. I am glad that you have picked up the hobby once again.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your TV interview!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible journey, Rebecca!! You totally deserve your time in the spotlight, very proud of you!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my dear José. I'm overwhelmed xxx

      Delete