Friday 11 January 2019

Part 5 - Life & Style TV Show - The Desk

Hello everyone,

How are you all? Hope you are all fine and had a great week. I am feeling much better even the weather here isn't helping too much. It's really cold and it has been raining for the past few days.

Today I wanted to share with you some more progress on 'The Dickens Book Shop' project that I have been working on. The progress of this project is being aired live on the TV Show Life & Style on the Maltese NET TV Channel. 



This was aired last Friday, but unfortunately the program wasn't recorded due to a mishap in the studio's control room. Sometimes it does happen! 

The library's desk was one of these bare wood pieces that it's design was meant to stay against a wall. The back of the desk was practically flat and as I wanted it to stand in a middle of the room I had to add more to it. 


 The first thing was to add strips of wood and shape them in the lower part of the desk.


Then I continued decorating the desk by adding more detail to match the book cases of the library and stained it in the same color.  On the surface of the desk I added a piece of painted textured cardboard to make it look like green leather. 




I was pleased with the out come and the desk does look rich in the library.


Once the desk was done I started working on the front of the shop. I have used one of these fronts and painted it in a green shade. 




The front was ideal for the shop and I kept on working on the side wall and even the floor front.


I also designed the shop sign for the front which I really like.



Here are a few photos of the complete shop front. 



The front now needs to be weathered to give it a bit more detail. 

This is all for today. I hope you like what I have done so far. I will be sharing with you today's tv show very soon which completes the library so make sure to keep tuned for the next and final update on the library. 

Wishing you all a very nice weekend.

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx

6 comments:

  1. I suddenly have the urge to make a book store!
    I am sure that feeling will go away after making my first book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Audry. You'll never know, maybe you will enjoy making books.

      Delete
  2. Maravilloso el cambio que le has dado a ese ,mostrador,está precioso!!
    El color del frente se ve muy bonito!1
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pilar for your kind words. I am so glad that you liked it xxxx

      Delete
  3. I love the desk, Rebecca, in fact I love the entire project! You've created a very nice and cozy library indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much José for your lovely comments. I really appreciate it.

      Delete