Wednesday 31 July 2019

Refurbishing the Conservatory for Pembroke Grange

Hello everyone,

Hope you are having a great week. Can't believe how fast the days go by and today we are saying goodbye to the month of July. Summer can be so short especially when you look forward to it every year.

During the weekends I am enjoying working on my new project Pembroke Grange. As I tend to work on the outside of the dolls house first, I thought it would be a good idea to start the renovation of my old conservatory which will be attached to Pembroke Grange.



My Dolls House Emporium Conservatory which I had for years and now has been discontinued for quite a while was a stand alone project. I always thought that one day it would be part of a dolls house but that never happened. At this time, seven years ago I was hoping that the conservatory would be part of my Wood Cutter's Cottage but that never materialized.  The conservatory was quite pretty and I remember making my own flowers and plants for  it. For those who would like to see how it was before you can visit the blog post The Conservatory with New Plants and Flowers.

By time and neglect The Conservatory lost its charm. Totally my fault for leaving it in disarray. Pembroke Grange was the right project for it and so I brought out the conservatory from its hiding place to give it its refurbishment and spark once again.





I cleared out all the plants and furniture pieces from the conservatory. It is heart breaking when I get to restore or refurbish a project. It feels like I am wiping cleaning history and memories of when it was being done. Remaining in focus and knowing that this is for the best I dismantled it all and pealed away the paper. 


The back wall was removed and a new coat of paint was given to the conservatory. It was already looking better especially when I have placed it next to Pembroke Grange.



To give it a bit more color I went for a marbled checkered tile flooring that suited it very well. The interior door leading to the conservatory fitted nicely and added more depth to it.



I am glad that I took the plunge to refurbish the conservatory.  The stand alone room deserved to be part of a bigger project.

Here are some more photos of the conservatory next to Pembroke Grange. 







I can't wait to start adding furniture pieces, accessories, flower pots and plants.  Hope you like the new look so far of the conservatory. Make sure to keep tuned for the next update on Pembroke Grange.

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,


Rebecca xxx

10 comments:


  1. Your work is absolutely amazing! take me to other worlds. congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The conservatory looks better than ever!! Totally love it, and definitely a great addition to your new project! o in fact I'm happy that it didn't become part of the Wood Cutter's Cottage, because it was simply meant to be for this one!! Great job, Rebecca!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much José for your kind words. I have to agree with you, I am glad that I didn't use it for the Woodcutter's Cottage. It does suit this one better.

      Delete
  3. Estoy deseando ver la remodelación. Seguro que ha quedado genial.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The conservatory looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Te va a quedar precioso, espero no perdermelo.
    Un abrazo
    Maite

    ReplyDelete