Tuesday 1 October 2019

The Bedroom in Pembroke Grange

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all having a good week. I have been quite busy here as usual. The kids seem to be settling in their new classes at school. 

Today I will be sharing with you the fourth and last room of Pembroke Grange. I have done it during the weekend and I am pleased how it turned out. This room will be the main bedroom.

The Main Bedroom
Just like the other rooms, it starts just like a blank canvas, just a coating of paint that was applied while building the house. The first thing that I added to the room was the wooden flooring.


I wanted something a bit different for the main bedroom which will also require me to change the coloring of the furniture when the time comes. I went for a typical French Blue which was very popular in the Regency Period. I like to call it the typical blue used by royalties. This pattern comes from an original antique wall paper which I have down sized, fixed and printed. I have also added the embossed ceiling paper.


Every room in Pembroke Grange has a fireplace and so I added one in the bedroom on the left hand side to fit right underneath the chimney. I also added the wall paneling which I painted in the same blue and the cornice to the ceiling in cream to match the cream pattern of the wall paper and the fireplace. 


The fireplace surround looked too plain for my tastes, so with some touches of my own, it looks more richer and fits the room better.


Finally I printed another ceiling rose with my 3D Printer and painted it in cream and blue with touches of gold and added another chandelier. 



I was so pleased to see it all done and it looks even better with the lights lit.


The bedroom was the last room to be decorated. Seeing it all done without  any furniture or accessories already looks great to me especially when it was lit.

Here are a few pictures of the interior of Pembroke Grange.




Later in the evening, when it started to get dark, I took a few pictures of the house lit. Don't you think it looks magical?


I hope you like what I have done so far. I can't wait to start decorating it with all sorts of furniture and accessories, but before that I will continue working on the front and adding my last touches.

Today I also have an announcement to make. As a few of you already know, I will be back on the 'Life & Style' Tv Show for the new whole season on Net TV. Yesterday was my first appearance and I will be having a new project just for the show. It is going to be part of my Victorian street of Shops Regent Street and this time we will be having an Apothecary, Druggist called 'Cures & Remedies'


I will be sharing with you my progress on this one after every TV show.

Make sure to keep tuned as you will be having lots to follow now;  The Regency House 'Pembroke Grange and the Victorian Apothecary 'Cures & Remedies'.

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,


Rebecca xxx

8 comments:

  1. Wow how beautiful!
    have a nice day,
    groetjes van Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  2. No words can capture the beauty of this house. This is impressive work considering that it is still empty. Marvelous! I stand in awe of your work, talents and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This house is amazing. I'm curious to see the furniture.
    The new project "Cures & remedies" is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house is incredibly beautiful, and having seen it being constructed from the ground up, I cannot stop looking at how wonderful it has become! And when the lights go on, it totally transforms into something magical! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much José. Indeed you have seen it being constructed from the very beginning. It does look magical all lit. Still lots to do. Thank you so much for everything xxx

      Delete