Saturday 25 September 2021

Adding more to the Study in Le Château

Hello Everyone,

How are you all? Hope you are enjoying your weekend. My beloved Summer is over and now the kids are all prepared to start their new scholastic year, so I was quite busy in the past few weeks. 

Today I will be sharing with you the new additions to the study room which is next to the library. 

The Study

It was quite tricky to decorate but at the end I managed to achieve what I wanted. I started off by staining the furniture pieces in a Georgian Walnut.  At the back you will find a glass cabinet with books that I made and added 2 ornaments. 



Then I worked on the desk, where I got to add some interesting miniatures. 



The Books, paper and the ink well with quill have all been made by me. 




I have also made and hand painted some accessories to decorate the fireplace mantel which are a pair of Ormolu mounted Vases and a Mantel Clock. They fitted in so nicely with the wall paper and with the style of the room.

 

Next to the fireplace you will find a table display cabinet which holds some of my father's hand painted weapons; a rapier,  a pair of dueling pistols and a dagger.

  

In the center of the room I worked on a World Globe. It wasn't easy but I am so happy with the outcome.





Here are some photos of the complete room. 




I hope you like what I have done so far and I can't wait to finish this project. Now I will continue working on the kitchen and I could say that the interior will be complete.  I can't wait to share with you all the lovely dolls that will be dwelling in this house. 

So this is all for today. Make sure to keep tuned for the next updates and news.

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,


Rebecca xxx


4 comments:

  1. ha quedado maravilloso.
    Un gran trabajo lleno de multiples detalles.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marian. I really appreciate it 🥰

      Delete
  2. Fantastic Work my dear Rebecca. You are amazing. The detail is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete