Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Working on the inside of the Chapel

Hello my dear friends,

Hope you are all well. It has been a few days and I am really hoping to get this project ready by Easter. Like I said it is not easy with this weather being so bad. Mother Nature hasn't been kind this winter. Today I wanted to welcome 3 new followers to my blog. Jerri, Nancy and Shelly WELCOME. Just wanted to give you a heads up that we have a pair of miniature plates as a free give away to the followers of the blog. Keep me posted for those who would like to enter and just remember that you have to be a follower.

So today I will be sharing with you some progress on the chapel. Now I have a good idea what I  wanted for the inside of and there was quite some work to do.

Inside the Chapel
So firstly there was a lot of painting to do. Had to redo the painting of the windows inside the chapel. The where painted white but I went for a darker shade. Still there is quite some work to do around the windows. 

Then came the painting of all the wood panels. Very honestly I don't want to see any more brown paint for the next couple of weeks. There was too much to paint and I think I still need to paint some more bits and pieces. I wanted the pieces to have a weathered or antique look which I think came out with a nice effect.

Paint works
I also managed to assemble and paint some furniture pieces like the altar and the pulpit as I was boring myself to death painting. While thinking about the pieces of furniture I also made some more miniature accessories for the chapel. Made some hymen books and liturgy books. For one of the books I have made a book stand and using toothpicks I have made a small cross for the altar.

More miniatures for the chapel

I couldn't resist not trying to decorate the altar and pulpit which I am very pleased how they turned out.

The altar

The pulpit

For the back wall which will come right behind the altar it was only appropriate that I added a painting of The Divine Mercy. I have downsized a picture of the painting and made the frame using a very thick cardboard.

Framed picture of the Divine Mercy
When I was ready from the painting and the weather wasn't throwing a hiss, I started decorating the inside of the church. So first to start of was the flooring of the church which was my printing. I have managed to down size a real tile and make a whole flooring. The flooring is an authentic replica of the real church of St. Anthony of Padova.

Papering the floors of the chapel.
I wanted to add something a bit special to the church so I added a split level like most of the church with banisters. As the walls have a white finish I thought that some wall wood paneling will look great in the church.

Adding the wall panneling

So far it is looking good and I just can't wait to add the rest of the pieces and furniture.

Inside the church so far.

 I am really looking forward to see it all done and hopefully it will be ready just in time for Easter.

After that I will continue working on Miss Leah's house as the poor girl is really looking forward to start living there. She has been very busy lately and added more new items to her shop.

Miaa Leah with some new accessories
That is all for today folks. I hope you liked it so far..Keep tuned for the next update with more progress on the chapel.

Take Care and see you soon.




  1. Hi Rebecca! The chapel interior is really taking shape and the fixtures and fittings are all lovely! You have a great eye for the details and it is showing in the way that you have dressed the alter. Beautiful work :))


    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth for your kind words. I am glad you liked what I have done so far.