Friday 3 April 2015

The Divine Mercy Chapel Renovation is finally complete.

Hello my dear friends,

It has been a while as I have been very busy with Easter preparations and all that comes with it. The kids are now off from school. The weather has been slightly kinder and I was once again racing against time to finish this project just in time for Easter and it seems I have managed. I also wanted it to be ready by the Second Sunday of Easter (12th April) as it is the official feast which is called the Divine Mercy Sunday that was declared by St. Pope John Paul II. 

I  want to welcome 2 new followers of my blog Jenny Boerding and Susan Martinsen. WELCOME! I wanted to thank you all for joining us here and for your encouragement. I also wanted to thank our Friends that follow us on our Face Book Page which now have reached over 850 likes and My Miniature World Group/forum which now has reached 215 members. Thank you so much everyone. 

The Divine Mercy Chapel
So here we are at the end of this project. I still can't believe that I have managed to transform it from rags into riches. At least it looks rich to me. At first I wasn't sure that I would pull it trough but I did succeed and when it was done I could almost here it whisper a "Thank You".

So after finishing the flooring and the wall paneling I wanted to make the back altar to have a good idea how much I could fit in the furniture. I have made a small shelf and decorated it richly with the flowers and candles.

Back Altar
 With the back altar placed in the center, I also fitted the painting of the Divine Mercy which I have framed myself using cardboard and added more candles to it. 

The Divine Mercy Painting


With those in place I could start adding the main two pieces of furniture which are the Altar and the Pulpit. Somehow I still wasn't happy with the walls. They looked too plain. I didn't want to add paintings as I would have lost the effect of the stained glass windows. So I came up with an idea to add corner stone around the windows, doors and the painting of the Divine Mercy. I have painted the corner stones in the same natural color of the outside brick walls. Like this the room had a little bit of color which matched perfectly with the floor tiles. 

Corner stone works around windows and doors.

I then added the altar and the pulpit. I was slightly disappointed as the altar couldn't be place right in the center as the chapel was too small but I loved it as soon as I placed the pulpit at a slight angle. It gave it a different look.

The Altar and Pulpit in place



There was still something missing and I thought of adding more flowers near the painting of the Divine Mercy. Using the same method of the other flower arrangement that you find the Flower Arrangement Tutorial here.  I made these slightly bigger and fuller as there was enough space for them. This helped also to add more color to the surrounding and made a huge difference. I was happy with them.

Flower arrangements for the Painting of the Divine Mercy.


I also made a small shelf for the back in the corner for the church offerings. 

Shelf for church offerings
Then I added the last pieces to complete the church which were the pews. The pews match the front altar with the sign of the dove representing the Holy Spirit. I have painted them in the same color of the wall paneling and furniture and I added the hymnals to them. It gave them that extra touch.

Pews and hymnals
 Finally and not least I added 4 black wall candle battery lights which fitted in perfectly and matched so well with the style. I have fitted them in the wall gaps between the stained glass. In the dark the stained glass really has a nice glow to it. And there my chapel was complete.  I still can't believe that it is done.

Here are some pictures of the inside of the church complete.

Pews and lights in place


Ceiling View

Main Altar




I hope you have all enjoyed following this project and it's renovations. It was quite a challenge but it was also a blessing that I will always cherish. Sometimes the Above works in mysterious ways and maybe it was a sign that I should actually start believing more in myself and in my capabilities. I should start giving some more credit to myself. 

So now after this one big adventure, after Easter I will come back with a new project which most probably you all know. It is time for Ms. Leah to return and start off her new home next to her boutique in Regent Street. 

Keep tuned for the first glimpse of the new project. With this I wish you all and your loved ones a very Blessed Easter. 


Take Care and See You real soon.

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca! This chapel looks DIVINE! You have somehow managed to make the interior look HUGE, just by careful and interesting space planning. I am greatly impressed by what you have made as well as, how you have all arranged so effectively.
    I wish you a very Happy Easter weekend
    Well Done!!!! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth for your wonderful comments. I am so please you liked it xxx

      Delete
  2. You did a wonderful job Rebecca! I would love to attend easter services here with you :) I wish you and your family a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan for your kind words. I would have enjoyed fitting in an attend the service there xxx

      Delete
  3. Your chapel is gorgeous. You have done a fantastic job on it. The many details are amazing. Have a wonderful Easter.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maria. I really appreciate it. I am thrilled that you liked it xxx

      Delete
  4. Your chapel is amazing. I like the details. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Faby. I am so pleased that you liked it so much xxx

    ReplyDelete