Monday 17 September 2018

Adding the last touches to the Pub

Hello everyone,

Hope you all had a great weekend. It's been quite busy here and frustrating at the same time.  Apart from my miniature world work there are my daily duties and priorities that need my attention. I am really trying my best to keep up with the fast pace I'm living in, but so far I'm managing. 

Today I will be sharing with you the complete Pub area in The Master Swordsman Pub & Inn. 
The Master Swordsman Pub
As predicated there were a lot of changes in this room. To be very honest I couldn't get the room right until I figured out what was missing. I kept moving weapons and other accessories from one wall to another. 

One of my favorite additions to the room was the Knight in armor. An amazing white metal piece that my father built from a kit and painted for me to put in the pub. 

The Night in Armor

The weaponry was the most difficult to place around the walls. No matter what I did they just didn't look good. Instead of the mirror hanging on top of the fireplace I went for another framed picture of my father which was printed on canvas. After all what is the point of having a pub called for The Master Swordsman without having a painting of a REAL Master Swordsman!

My Father - The Master Swordsman Daniel Sammut
With the painting hanging to the wall on top of the fire place, I added a few more helmets on the mantel piece and added a pair of hand painted soldier figurines that my father painted a few years ago. I knew that one day these figurines will adorn a special project. 



I started adding the weapons to the wall. I think I have never played "musical chairs" or in this case "musical weapons" as much as I did with these weapons around the back wall and the fireplace wall. It was agony. It took me days to figure them out. Today they are placed on one wall; tomorrow they are moved to another wall. At the end there was still something missing among the walls. I couldn't add more weapons, because it looked too overwhelming. Then I thought of adding pub adverts and posters. A pub usually would have them and luckily enough I found a couple of Victorian period posters which I have downsized and printed.



With the walls finally decorated and settled I continued adding details to the rest of the room. Every table had an ashtray that I had painted myself. 


On the tables they looked to clean especially for a pub. So I made the cigarettes and butt cigarettes out of polymer-clay and added real ashes from a previous bbq we had during the summer.





"Sir Edwin Barrett inviting Mr. John Corbett to the table for a glass of wine and a chat. Everyone enjoys Mr. Corbett's stories. "

Another piece that turned out quite nice was the hanging  wall clock to the pub. I have made the clock using a chunky button. I must say it looks very Victorian and just right for the area. 






"The handsome bar tender Mr. Larkin Royston is quite busy today but he is still keeping up to his task."

To the table where Mr. Edgar Hervey sits, I have added a miniature journal that I made with readable pages with some of my favorite poems. 




"There is the lovely Susanna; the barmaid  serving Mr. Edgar Hervey with his usual; a glass of  white wine."

Finally we come to the last table and a new comer to the Pub. Here is Mr. Ivor Ward.

Mr. Ivor Ward
"Mr. Ivor Ward is another frequent client to The Master Swordsman Pub & Inn. He tends to keep to himself. He enjoys a pint or two  of ale. The only  thing that keeps him company is a deck of playing cards."

Mr. Ivory Ward is another handsome doll that was made for me by the lovely doll maker Beverly Senatore. 

For Mr. Ivor Ward I have made a house of cards. The playing cards were downsized and printed by me. The house of cards was quite fiddly to make but I am really happy with the end result.





Here are a few more pictures of the pub.






I hope you have liked how the pub turned out. I am very happy with it. I think, it was one of the most complicated rooms to finish off in this project.

I will be posting a few more pictures of the finished project with the lights on, so make sure to keep tuned for the next update.

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx

12 comments:

  1. I like everything about your pub but ESPECIALLY the painting of your father above the fireplace, and the armour and weaponry, whereby it lives up to its name!
    Great Fun Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth. I am really pleased that you like it. xxx

      Delete
  2. Great job !!! Love it !!! How nice to add your fathers painting !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I place this project in first place after the timekeeper shop. I find it fantastic as it is full of tetones. . . and people !? . . . with people it seems to be catapulted into a film of the Victorian period. . . Very good ! ! ! very beautiful ! ! ! COMPLIMENTS ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elena for your sweet words. I really appreciate it. xxx

      Delete
  4. Wonderful new details! Fantastic job!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, I totally love the mind-boggling level of detail the pub has! And everything seems to fit in place as it it has always been there! This is actually how it should be! Love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much José for your constant support and encouragement. I am thrilled that you liked it. xxx

      Delete
  6. Un trabajo magnifico. Es una maravilla todo el edificio.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete