Thursday, 27 August 2026

The Art of Miniature Display: Decorating the Interior of The Bon Bon Emporium

 Hello Everyone,

Welcome back to the workshop! I am absolutely thrilled to announce that the interior design of The Bon Bon Emporium is officially complete. After weeks of meticulously sculpting, planning, and arranging, the inside of this Edwardian market cart has been completely transformed into a visually stunning confectionary wonderland.


The true magic of any miniature build always lies in the interior styling. Decorating a space this small requires a delicate balance of colour, texture, and historical accuracy to ensure the eye flows naturally across the scene. The visual centrepiece of the cart is now a sprawling, beautifully arranged display of glass jars. Every single jar is brimming with hand sculpted polymer clay sweets, but what truly grounds the décor is the addition of tiny, authentic vintage labels on every piece of glass. The visual impact of those repeating labels against the vibrant, jewel toned candies creates that classic, bustling apothecary style aesthetic that is so iconic to the Edwardian period.

To build height and visual interest across the counters, I focused heavily on the display pieces. The delicious tray of toffee apples sitting alongside a fresh batch of intricately frosted cupcakes and miniature cakes. The soft pastel colours of the baked goods perfectly offset the  vintage silhouette of the fairy floss machine.



A beautifully decorated room must also feel functional. I spent time detailing the practical corner of the cart, adding a custom crafted faucet to the sink to anchor the layout in reality. It is these structural décor choices that make a miniature feel like a genuine, lived in space rather than just a static display case.



My absolute favourite styling choice inside the emporium is a carefully curated vignette resting right on the main counter. I placed a set of vintage weighing scales perfectly balanced with a scoop of colourful sweets, ready to be wrapped for a customer. It acts as a beautiful focal point that draws the eye directly to the action and purpose of the shop.



The beautiful three tier plate is now artfully arranged with textured sugar coated doughnuts gleaming right next to the embossed brass of the ice cream box and wafer cone stand.


To complete the atmospheric styling, this beautifully decorated establishment needed the perfect proprietor. I am delighted to introduce Mr. Ambrose Featherstone.


He is the ultimate finishing touch, anchoring the space and tying the entire visual narrative together. I will be taking a few more photos of the exterior set up. 

I hope you like what I have done with the interior. This is all for today make sure to keep tuned to the last posting of The Bon Bon Emporium and latest news.

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment