Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Stepping Inside The Bon Bon Emporium

Hello Everyone,

Welcome back to my workshop! As I shared recently, the exterior construction of The Bon Bon Emporium market cart is finally complete. Now, I am diving into what is arguably the most magical phase of any miniature build: decorating the interior and bringing the space to life.


The inside of a sweet cart needs to be an absolute feast for the eyes, overflowing with colour and nostalgia. I decided to start the interior decorations by designing a brand new Fairy Floss machine. To make sure it perfectly fits the Edwardian period of the cart, I designed it to look just like a heavy, old style vintage machine. It adds such a wonderful, whimsical focal point to the display and sets the tone for the rest of the treats.


Moving on from the spun sugar, I focused my attention on everyone's favourite summer treat. I built a beautiful Ice Cream box and adorned it with delicate embossed brass decorations to give it that authentic, luxurious vintage feel. But an ice cream box is nothing without the cones! To complete the setup, I created a matching wafer cone holder, specially designed so that lots of tiny ice cream cones can stand upright side by side, ready to be served to tiny customers.




Of course, a traditional sweet cart needs classic treats. I spent some time carefully sculpting a batch of glossy toffee apples using polymer clay, arranging them neatly on a miniature tray. Getting the shiny, candied texture just right on something so small is always a fun challenge, and they look good enough to eat. 



To sit right alongside them, I also sculpted miniature sugar coated doughnuts that I placed on a beautiful three tier plate stand. I crafted these from polymer clay as well, and adding that realistic sugary texture to such tiny pastries was incredibly satisfying.



Right now, I am staring down my next big task. I have a huge collection of miniature glass jars that need filling. Let me tell you, it is absolutely no joke making thousands of tiny sweets, candies, and goodies out of polymer clay! It is incredibly tedious work that requires a very steady hand and endless patience. Rolling, shaping, and cutting every individual candy is going to take me quite a while.



Even though I do not have a massive, finished scene to show you just yet, I have to say I am enjoying every single moment of this process. There is something deeply relaxing about focusing on these microscopic details and watching the inventory slowly grow. It will take time, but the effort is always worth it. I am completely sure that once all these glass jars are filled and the cart is fully stocked, the final decorated piece is going to look fantastic.


That is all for today. Make sure to stay tuned for more updates, and I will be sure to share lots of close up photos once the jars are finally full!

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,


Rebecca xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment