Monday 6 February 2023

The Barrel Organ at Regent Street

 Hello Everyone, 

How are you all? Hope you had a great weekend! Today it must be one of the coldest days here in Malta so I am trying to keep warm. 

Today I have a very special project that I have just completed. It was a project that I always wanted to try to do and finally I put my head to make a miniature Barrel Organ. 


I was so thrilled that I got to build it and hand paint it. I also managed to add a winding music box that plays the tune of 'Swan Lake'.





It had been a while since I painted in miniature but I really enjoyed painting the tiny flowers and leaves. 


Mr. William Harris is the owner of the beautiful barrel organ and he spends his days playing it in Regent Street. 



Mr. Harris also has a companion that steals the show every time. Mr. Twiggy the cheeky monkey is a darling that loves children. He is always with his cup collecting coins. 



Mr. Twiggy was made by the Dutch artist Betty of Betty Miniatures.

I also got to make a small video so  you can hear the tune it plays. 


The Barrel Organ is now set up in front of the Dicken's Book Shop. 




Mr. William Harris and the little girl are both made by the doll artist Beverely Senatore. 

I hope you like what I have done. It took me a couple of weeks to complete but it was definitely worth the time. 

This is all for today. Make sure to keep tuned for the next up date and latest news. 

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,


Rebecca xxxxx


2 comments:

  1. Es un órgano maravilloso.
    Seguro que todos los habitantes de The Regent Street están encantados con su sonido.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marian. I am glad you liked it. Yes the folk of Regent Street love it! Xxxxxxx

      Delete