Tuesday 21 February 2023

Villa Marie - Albin Schönherr 1950's Dollshouse

Hello Everyone,

How are you? Hope you are all well.  You all know that at the end of January, when I went to the Dolls House & Miniature Fair in Expo Houten, I got this cute German Vintage dolls house 'Villa Marie'.


Villa Marie is an Albin Schönherr dolls house made in the early 1950's. Albin Schönherr worked for the manufacturer Moritz Gottschalk in Marienberrg in Germany in the late 1800's. In the year 1893 Albin Schönherr established his own dollshouse business in Niederlauterstein in Germany. 

Villa Marie is still in a mint condition considering it's age.  It still has it's original wall papers and flooring. The front decor is still intact. I assumed the previous owners tried to restore it by sanding down the sides of the little house and removed the original windows. Thank goodness that the damaged done with the attempt of the restorations is very minimal.



I will mildly try to restore it without destroying it's age and charm. I will try to make the windows myself,  keeping in mind that I will remain faithful to it's original windows.   

It's is a 1:16 scale dolls house, like most of the vintage dolls house of it's time. I had a stash of some vintage Barton, Lundby and Dol Toi furniture pieces that fitted in the little two roomed house perfectly. 


In the entrance you will find the living room with a sitting room set and kitchen area. 




On the top floor you will find the bed room.




In the little baby's cot there is a Vintage knitted miniature doll Frieda made by Annelies de Kort and Otto the antique Hertwig, tiny bisque teddy made in Germany.

Lotti the antique Hertwig doll will be living in this cute house. 


I think she looks very happy in her new home. 



I might be adding some more vintage accessories to it and see if I can add some lights to the house. I will keep you updated with the progress of the restoration once it is complete.

This is all for today. I hope you have enjoyed this cute vintage house. 

Take Care and See You Soon. 

Hugs, 


Rebecca xxx 



 


2 comments: