Thursday 13 April 2023

National Scrabble Day

Hello Everyone,

How are you all? Hope you are having a great week. It has been busy in the last few days. The weather is quite nice and it's getting warmer.  Today we are celebrating National Scrabble Day and I wanted to share with you my miniature Scrabble board game. 


 Scrabble was invented in 1938 by the American architect Alfred Mocher Butts. It's a word game that could be played between 2 and 4 people.   At the time it was a very popular game and most families enjoyed playing it around the dining table. 



The setting is placed in the dining room of my Tudor Manor which is decorated in the 1930s style. 


I have managed to make a 1:12 scale Scrabble board and the alphabet tiles and the letter stands. I have to say it was quite fiddly to do but I am very happy with how it turned out. It was completed just in time for the occasion. 


I hope you like it. Make sure to keep tuned for the next updates. 

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,


Rebecca xxx


2 comments:

  1. I have played many a game of scrabble. This is a wonderful replica and interesting history!

    ReplyDelete