Sunday 26 May 2024

The Allpress house model in the Imperial War Museum in London

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend. Today I wanted to share with you the last place of interest that my family and I went to visit when we were in London which was the Imperial War Museum. 


As much as I love Dolls' houses, I love history. The benefits of it all is when I get to combine history and Dolls' houses together. 

One of our last visits was to the Imperial War Museum. 


The museum itself is amazing but crazy enough and to my total surprise I found the Allpress model house in 1:12 scale.


The Allpress model house is an origin copy of the house that the Allpress family lived in during WW2.

Even though it is not a Dolls' house per se it is a great example of how a dolls house can be decorated in the 1940's.





On the outskirts of the house there is an Armstrong home Shelter that families had in their yards.during the war.

A perfect example how these shelters were built in miniature.




The rooms are all fully decorated in the period's style.










It was amazing and so inspiring to see this house in the Imperial War Museum. It made the visit more exciting and worth going.

This is all for today. I hope you will find this post interesting. Make sure to keep tuned for the next update and new project. 

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,


Rebecca xxx


2 comments: