Thursday, 23 July 2026

The Start of The Bon Bon Emporium Market Cart

 Hello everyone and welcome back to the blog!

It has been quite busy in the studio lately. While I am gathering everything for the massive new build that I hinted at recently, I really felt the need to tackle a smaller and lighter project just for the summer time. Sometimes it is so nice to take a little breather before digging into a major construction. I decided to pull something very special out of my stash and I am so happy to finally introduce you to The Bon Bon Emporium!


The wonderful thing about this new project is that it is not a traditional shop at all. It is actually a beautiful and intricate market cart. I picked up this specific kit a few years ago while visiting the International Dolls House and Miniatures Fair in Houten over in the Netherlands.



It has been waiting patiently on my shelf for quite a while, and this sunny season felt like the absolute perfect time to bring it to life. I wanted something a bit different and this was exactly the ideal project to work on.

My vision for this cart leans right into a lovely late Victorian and early Edwardian style. Once it is completely finished, this charming little emporium will be selling all sorts of vintage sweets, delicious treats, ice cream, and of course fluffy fairy floss.


I started off by completely constructing the bare kit. I spent a lot of time carefully building and painting every single bit, making sure the colors felt completely authentic to that nostalgic era. 


I worked on the roof added details to make it look like an authentic led roof.





After the main structure was solid, I focused on adding all the intricate little details. Finally I decorated the outside with all the necessary period signs to really give it that historical market feel. I wanted it to look exactly like a magical cart you would stumble upon at a bustling turn of the century fair.




I have included a few more photos and short video below so you can see the construction progress and the completely finished exterior. I am so incredibly happy with how the outside looks right now. I absolutely cannot wait to start decorating the inside and filling all those tiny displays with all sorts of sugary miniature goodies.








This is all for today. I hope you'll like it. Make sure to keep tuned for the next update and latest news.

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,


Rebecca xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment