Monday 21 November 2011

The Study

Hello once again,

I hope you all had a great weekend. I want to thank Claudia and Charles for your kind comments. I'm so glad that you are following my projects.

Today I want to share with you the last room of the actual house which is the study. Obviously there is still the stair cases and the basement to go through which I will be doing in a few days.

The Study

Well there isn't much to say. The furniture is all done by me with all the soft furniture. The books in the book case too. They are all pieces of wood which have been covered with paper and painted,

All frames have been handmade. And there is also a portrait of Gilbert (my husband) and myself when we where still dating. I have turned it in to a black and white photo. You can see it on the top left hand side on the back wall, almost on top of the fire place. 








The corner fire place was quite difficult to do but I managed to do it too. 

The plant that there is in the corner near the sofa was also done by me. It is made out of wire and floral tape.

Like I said, as it's a small room there isn't much to say. 

Keep tuned as I will be sharing with you more stuff very soon.

Take Care,

Rebecca xxxx

4 comments:

  1. What a good ides, Rebecca, to turn a photo of yourself and husband into a vinatage looking black and white mini photo for the dolls house !
    And I spotted the same green table lamp that Sergio uses in Neverland (DHE forum), it looks wonderful ! Apart from that it´s amazing that you did all the furniture yourself !

    ReplyDelete
  2. ups, forgot to sign my comment above !
    Greetings from Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rebecca for letting me know about your blog, it is nice and your first house, totally scratchbuilt, is amazing...the whole furniture is perfect and the details are beautiful. Congratulations!
    Sergio

    ReplyDelete
  4. RE: "The furniture is all done by me with all the soft furniture. The books in the book case too."

    Wow!! That is very impressive. The range of skills and talent it must have taken to create this house, and all without the support that's available nowadays. I wouldn't know where to begin with making my own furniture. I have much adoration for a delightful house that is clearly loved and filled with love.

    ReplyDelete