Monday 22 May 2023

Sherlock Holmes Day

 Hello Everyone,

How are you all? Hope you are well and that you had a great weekend. I know, I haven't been around as this month the kids decided to take my everything, my life and even the little time that I have for myself. It doesn't happen often. Actually, I don't even recall ever going through what I went through this month but it's fine. After all, they come first.  Priorities! What can you do? So my apologies on their behalf. 

Today we are celebrating Sherlock Holmes Day. Never thought that there was such a day, Sherlock Holmes Day is an annual celebration, marked on the birthday of its creator May 22nd. 


Sherlock Holmes is a fictional detective created by British author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Holmes is known for his proficiency with observation, deduction, forensic science and logical reasoning that borders on the fantastic,  which he employs when investigating cases for a wide variety of clients, including Scotland Yard. 

First appearing in print in 1887's was 'A Study in Scarlet'.  Most of the novels are set in the Victorian or Edwardian eras between 1880 and 1914 and are narrated by the character of Holmes's friend and biographer Dr. John H. Wastson, who usually accompanies Holmes during his investigations and often share quarters with him at the address of 221B Baker Street, London. 

Three objects that are intimately associated with the enduring image of Sherlock Holmes are the curved pipe, the magnifying glass and the deerstalker cap.  


I have read a few books of Sherlock Holmes which I totally love and I thought it was a good idea to set up a miniature setting of his desk. 

I hope you will like it. 

This is all for today. Make sure to keep tuned for the next update and news. 

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,


Rebecca xxx

2 comments: