Saturday 13 January 2024

Let's Start 2024 with a Miniature Bang!

 Hello everyone,

Welcome to 2024! I hope you are all well and that you enjoyed the festive season. It has been a tough year 2023, but I am looking forward to working again on my projects in 2024. 

Before we continue with our adventures I always start the year with a run-through of the past year and the new plans that I have in mind for the new one.


Remember that you can also find us on  My Miniature World Facebook page we have reached over 24,000 Followers. You can also join My Miniature World Group on FaceBook and follow us on Instagram, XPinterest and Linkedin


I would like to thank you all, my family, my dearest friends, clients, followers and fans for your constant support and encouragement. It means so much to me.

So here are the highlights of 2023. As predicted 2023 wasn't an easy year but we all knew about that. I really tried my best to post as much as I could with a few of my new miniature creations, with my whereabouts and updates.

January


In January I got to visit once again the Dolls' House and Miniature Show in Expo Houten in The Netherlands. 





One of my first Creations of the year 2023 was the Musical Barrel Organ which I totally love. 












February


While in the Netherlands I acquired this cute Albin Schonher Dolls House called ' Villa Marie'. I was so happy to have it and I managed to decorate it with vintage furniture and all. 









March


In March I was thrilled to complete The Delft Blue Shadow Box. Most of the pieces have been collected during my visits to The Netherlands. 






Just before Easter Cotton Tail Cottage
was featured in an article in the DollsHouse World Magazine.





May


The Delft Blue Project was featured in DollsHouse Nederland magazine not only in an article but also made it on the Front Cover. 






August


In August I completed a 1:144 scale project called Ava's Workshop which is part of a 6 house series. 











September


In September Garry's Study Room was completed which is another 1:144 scale project.












October



In October I got to finally visit the Dolls House Nederland Show in Arnhem. 











So that was a run-through of the Highlights of last year. There were a few more small creations and miniatures that I got to make and small scenes to mark special days and occasions but I was focused on a massive project that needed my full attention. Unfortunately, I couldn't share it as I have wanted. Actually, it was non-existence to most of them except for my family and close friends. 

As I stated last year on the same run-through of the year 2022 blog post, I was bound to a contract and my work couldn't be shared. I had a deadline to give in my work by the end of 2023 and thank the heavens I have managed. 

Now I am very proud to say that my DollsHouse Book has been received by the Publishing House in the UK. So indeed 2024 started with a Bang!


The Book is called 'Designing and Decorating a Period Dolls' House' and through this book, I have built a new Victorian Dolls House called 'No 44 Mornington House'. 

A glimpse of the front door of 44 Mornington House. 

Now that the book has been completed and sent to the Publishing team where it will be designed and printed I will get back to my work and share my ongoing projects. 

There is so much that I want to do this year. I have a couple of small projects that I am dying to start and in the meantime, I will start studying and preparing to work on one of my biggest dolls' house 'St. George's Hill'

That's all for now. I want to wish you and your loved ones a Happy New Year 2024. You will definitely be hearing more from me with my new projects and the latest news.

Make sure to keep tuned.

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,


Rebecca xxxx


2 comments: