Friday 19 January 2024

The Miniature Bar Globe Cabinet!

Hello everyone,

The weekend is here once again. I hope you all had a great week. I have been busy working on a new miniature that I have been wanting to do for a couple of months. For the past four days, I have been working on my miniature bar globe cabinet.


Since I was a little girl I have been fascinated with these bar globe cabinets. I remember my grandmother had one of these. As a child, I was always curious and eager to open it. I still remember the scent of the cabinet once it was opened. A mixture of wood, polish and liqueur. 


The Bar Globe Cabinets were introduced in the 50's by the Italian artist Italo Zaffoli and the first models were hand-painted. 


I am very proud to say that this is not a kit but it was made totally by me. The spheres are resin printed, while the wood was cut with my hand fret saw. I used spindles and tiny castor wheels to complete it. It can be displayed both closed and opened. 


I got to print the map and add the decor to it for more detail. Added a few glasses and decanters to complete it. 

The miniature bar globe cabinet is a typical 50's and 60's style and for now, it won't be displayed in any of my dolls' houses but I do have a project in the pipeline for it.  Here are some photos of how it would look like in a dolls' house room. 





I think for my first trial it turned out very well and I am very happy with it. Here is a short video to see how it works. 



I hope you like the miniature bar globe cabinet. So this is all for today. Make sure to keep tuned for the next update and latest news. 

Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,


Rebecca xxx





4 comments:

  1. Amazing little piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fantastic little globe cabinet!!! You have made a mini masterpiece! It really looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am so pleased that you liked it ❤️

      Delete