Tuesday 11 September 2012

Polymer Clay - White and Blue China miniatures!

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all well. Baby Leah seems to be settling down with the rest of her family. She is a good baby and has gained weight too. She spares me some minutes for myself where I can spend it on my miniatures and projects. 

I haven't started building the Wood Cutter's Cottage as I think it is still not the right time to take the plunge. I would like to first settle my other two kids Matthias and Raquel at school. Their schools start in a couple of weeks. I will be missing not having them with me through out the day. Thank God Leah will be keeping me company. So while they are at school I might start building it. So at the moment I am just making small miniatures out of polymer clay.  

Today I wanted to share with you what I have done during the past week. I have made some White and blue china for my Wood Cutter's Cottage. I really enjoyed doing these as personally I also love the same type of china. After baking the clay I hand painted the design and gave them a glossy finish.

My White and Blue China made out of polymer Clay. 

So I have done:

  • 4 Dinner Plates
  • Serving dish
  • 4 Soup Bowls
  • 3 Canisters:'Sugar', 'Tea' and 'Coffee'
  • Jug
  • Utensil Holder and 3 wooden spoons
  • Tea Pot
  • Small Milk Jug
  • Sugar Bowl
  • 4 Cups and Saucers 
Probably I will be using the same dresser for Wood Cutter's Cottage as the set fitted in perfectly.



I am really pleased with the outcome of these miniatures. Hopefully this week I will be making some pots and pans for the cottage. So keep tuned for more.

Will be seeing you very soon. 

Take Care,

Rebecca xxx

10 comments:

  1. hi your´s china miniatures are very nice!!!well done congratulations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ricardo. I am pleased that you liked them.

      Delete
  2. your china is lovely , I know what you mean about missing your babies but they come home soon so it's not so bad (hopefully) :)

    Love
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marisa for your kind words. Yes I'll be looking forward for them to come back home.

      Delete
  3. Your china miniatures are wonderful. I like the colors.
    Kiss Faby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Faby for your lovely comments. I am happy that you like them.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful blue and white 'china' Rebecca! Very proud of you! So glad you'll have little Leah to keep you company once your other children return to school. You'll have plenty of time for minis and lots of time for cuddles with baby, what could be better! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erin for your lovely comments. I hope I will have more time for minis while they will be at school.

      Delete
  5. Your china looks great, I'm amazed you found any time for mini-ing at the moment though with 2 children and a new baby around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Diane. I am so pleased that you like it.

    ReplyDelete