Tuesday, 25 September 2012

New Project - Santa's Work Shop!

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all well. I have been very busy last week preparing school uniforms and stationary for Matthias and Raquel. Matthias started school yesterday. It was very heart breaking seeing him go and Raquel will start next Monday for the first time ever. The house will be like a tomb without them. Thank God Leah will be keeping me company. Last Sunday my little Leah was baptized and tomorrow morning she will be 4 weeks old.

Today I am going to share something totally new. I have been working on it for the past week. I wasn't sure if I was going to start it or not. I had a Dolls House Emporium kit stashed in a wardrobe called the Retreat which was put away for a Christmas project. Being a small project I decided to start it off. I still don't know if it will be ready before Christmas. I have decided to call it 'Santa's Work Shop'.

The Retreat Kit

Dry Built
So First I have dry built the kit to see the size of the whole thing and I to see what I needed to to get to start it off. I will be doing some alterations to the stair case as it eats a lot of space especially on the top floor and probably I will be also altering the roofs and porch. 

I have started working on the facade. As I wanted a wooden effect on the outside of the building, I have purchased these cheep lolly pop sticks to use them for the front of the property. So I trimmed the lolly pop sticks and started sticking them to the front. Then I stained them and varnished it. I was quite pleased with the outcome.

Trimming the ends of the lolly pop sticks

Wall paneling with the lolly pop sticks

Staining and Varnishing the front

 I have made two Christmas Tree Pots  out of polymer clay which are going to be placed on the front porch. I have also hand painted the pots. 

Christmas Tree Pots made by me with polymer clay

The pots have also be hand painted by me. 
I have painted the windows and the door of the front with Christmas green and walnut stained varnish. I made two candy canes out of polymer clay and stuck them to the door for handles. I removed the cross section from the top round window. I have found a Christmas stained glass design which will fit in perfectly for this project. I just hope I will manage to draw it on the plastic sheet.

The front so far

The stained glass window design
This is what I did so far. I hop you all like it. There is still a lot of work to do so please keep tuned.

Take Care,

Rebecca xxx


  1. Wow, it already looks beautiful! I believe this project will be amazing in the end!:)

    1. Thank you so much. I can't wait to see it done myself.

  2. I like this project! I'm curious to see more.
    Bye Faby

    1. Thank you so much Faby for your interest. Take Care

  3. Es un fantastico proyecto, me encantara seguirte.
    besitos ascension

    1. Muchas gracias por seguir este proyecto. Estoy muy contento. xxx

  4. My daughter has been collecting her icelolly sticks. Your idea of using them as panelling is great :).

  5. They are very cheep and the results are amazing.