Tuesday 14 February 2017

Woodcutter's Cottage Living room

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all fine and enjoying your evening. The weather is being more agreeable to me but I can't wait for the warmth that Spring brings. I have managed to work quite a bit on my new project The Woodcutter's Cottage between making miniatures for clients and helping my husband with the new premises for my dolls houses.


The Living area in the Woodcutter's Cottage
Even though pink is my favorite for some reason I never tend to use it in any of my dolls houses. Very strange indeed.. So I thought that this property will get to have some pink especially with the lovely rich dark floors.

I have Wall papered the living room with a pink and light blue pattern. I think the contrast does look quite nice with the floor.


I always loved the Spiral Stair case that the DHE offered with their dolls houses. I have stained the stairs with a light oak varnish so it will match with the furniture and decorated it with the same wall paper pattern. Additional I have added a corner fire place which I had to add all wall to it to make look more realistic. The room looks much neater with the skirting which I have stained in the same color of the staircase.




I wasn't sure what furniture pieces to add to the room and I was having a problem to find a suitable sofa both in color to match the room color and in size. So once again I went back to my work space where I have made this cute sofa myself. I love it. I think from all the sofas that I ever made this has to be my favorite. I have made this by using cardboard, quilt fiber and the patterned fabric. I am so pleased how it turned out and it matched the room perfectly.

Hand Made Sofa


I am being aware of the great stash of furniture pieces that I have stashed for years without using. I think it is about time that I start using them for my properties. It will be easier for me when it comes to the big move of my hobby in the new premises and besides that I think they will look lovely in this house. 




I also got to use some of the accessories that I have and they look lovely with the color scheme of the room.

Milk Plate hanging on the wall
I finally got to use the milk plates that I have decorated myself. These were my first ceramics that I had decorated and I love them.





There is still so many things that I want to add to the room. And I am sure that most of the miniatures will be made by me. So this is how it looks like at the moment.







 I am also happy how the two room compliment each other. Both room need so much more detail added to them.


So this is all for today. I hope you have liked what I have done so far. I can't wait to start working on the bedroom and the bathroom of the cottage.  So keep tuned for the next update on the project.

Before closing this post Miss Leah today just before she started her day at the boutique, she had a visit from the dashing gentleman. He presented to her roses for Valentine's Day. Miss Leah will be back with us with a new adventure in Regent Street,


I wish you all, family, friends, clients, followers and fans a Happy Valentine's Day.

Take Care and see you soon.

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx

6 comments:

  1. Me encanta ver cómo tu nueva casita va tomando vida! Me gusta mucho la elección de muebles claros y la pared añadida para encajar la chimenea, es una solución perfecta. Y el sofá! Wow! Insuperable! Se ve cálido, confortable y perfecto para esa estancia. Felicidades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias por sus amables palabras. Estoy tan contento que te gusta lo que he hecho en la habitación hasta ahora. Estoy muy contento con el sofá. No esperaba que llegara a buen término. Enviándole abrazos calientes. Xxx

      Delete
  2. Un salón muy acogedor y confortable,poco a poco todo va tomando forma!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias. Estoy muy contento de que te guste. No puedo esperar a verlo listo. Abrazos xxx

      Delete
  3. Wonderful work! I love this dining room. A great combination with the staircase.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Drora for your wonderful comments. Can't wait to finish it. Warm hugs xxx

      Delete