Sunday 25 October 2020

A Visit to Madurodam

 Hello everyone,

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. The weather here is still quite nice and warm but it does cool down in the evening. Have been quite busy working on new miniatures and on my ongoing project. Last weekend I got to go to The Netherlands once again. Apart from getting some nice dolls house miniature goodies from 'The Cabinet' dolls house Shop in Gouda, I also got to visit some of my favorite places. As the weather was permitting, for a change, Posy and I finally, managed to visit the magical miniature world of Madurodam. 


Madurodam is a miniature park and tourist attraction in The Hague. It is home to a range of 1:25 scale model replicas of famous Dutch landmarks, historical cities and large developments. The park itself was opened in 1952. 




I was so happy and to be there. I totally felt like a little girl among these miniature wonders. The replicas are so amazingly detailed and inspiring. 

In the park you will find a working railway with passing trains. Working bridges with moving cars and boats. Beautiful windmills that leave you breathless. The Schiphol Airport located in Amsterdam which is the airport that I get to use myself.

I have taken so many pictures while being there, that it is impossible to share them all here on this post but here are some of my favorite. 



















I was mesmerized with the street of shops. Even the shops inside are decorated like a dolls house.




One of the exhibits was so cute! It was like a factory that makes the traditional Dutch clogs. Once you put a One Euro coin in the money box slot you hear the factory working and you get a pair of miniature clogs delivered to you there and then in a miniature truck.


Here is my pair of Delft Blue miniature Dutch clogs with the wording of Madurodam Holland. Such a cute souvenir to keep of such an unforgettable visit.  



I am sure that a some of you have visited this enchanting place and had a wonderful time just like myself. It will always be a memorable and unforgettable experience.

Make sure to keep tuned for the next updates on my ongoing project and exciting news from time to time.

Take Care and See You Soon,

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx

8 comments:

  1. I am surprised you travelled at all. Is Covid not an issue on Malta? I believe there will be more strict restrictions soon, also for incoming flights, so you were lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Covid or no Covid it doesn't make any difference to me. Europe is all infected so what difference does it make if you are in one country or another. Same precautions are applied. As long as you keep safe, wash your hand regularly and keep distance than you shouldn't worry.

      Delete
  2. So happy to see you had such a good time, Rebecca!!!! Love the pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks amazing. I would love to see it some day, when we are able to travel again.
    emjay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have the chance to visit I totally recommend it.

      Delete
  4. Enchanting!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete