Tuesday 15 March 2022

The Start of 'Cotton Tail' Cottage!

 Hello Everyone,

How are you all? Hope you are doing well. Today I have some exciting news to share. It has been a while since I have been inspired about this new project. It is not usual that while working on a project I get inspired by something else that I have to stop working on the current work to start off another one. 

The good thing is that the new project 'Cotton Tail' Cottage started just in time for Easter.

Cotton Tail Cottage

The little house is a DHE kit called The Summer House but I intend to make it more of a Spring House and have decorated with an Easter Theme. 

I started off by altering one of the side windows and painted the outside walls. 



Once the walls were done I started working on the roof tiles. It took me a while to complete and once the tiles were done I painted them and gave them some weathering details. The roof is still not complete but it's looking good so far. 



I altered the kit to have better access to the inside. The original built was suppose to just have a lift off roof with four fixed walls. What I did was hinged the roof and opened one of the wall sides. 


This is house the 'Cotton Tail' Cottage looks like so far. 





I also made and painted a wall plaque with the name of the cottage. 


One of my favorite miniatures which will be part of this project is 'Cotton Tail' himself. The Easter Bunny.  Isn't he wonderful? He is a bisque antique early 1900's Hertwig doll. He has the perfect size for the project and he is fully jointed. 

The Easter Bunny - Cotton Tail


 Well The Easter Bunny is definitely happy with the progress of his house. At the moment he is very busy preparing for Easter.


This is all for today. I hope you like what I have done so far. Make sure to keep tuned for the next updates on Cotton Tail Cottage. 

Take Care and See You Soon,

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx






4 comments:

  1. Una bonita construcción que seguro quedará magnifica cuando la acabes.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marian. Glad you like it xxxxx

      Delete