Tuesday 14 March 2023

The Delft Blue Project

Hello Everyone,

How are you? Hope you are well. I have been busy like always but I am very happy to say that I have completed a new room box which I called "The Delft Blue Project".


My beautiful Delft in The Netherlands. The medieval city of Vermeer. I fell in love with the city of Delft the second I saw it. I love the streets, the history, the buildings, the canals, the shops and obviously the Delft blue porcelain.  Every time I visit The Netherlands, I always try to visit Delft. If I had to move to The Netherlands, Delft is the place that I would want to live in.


Through out the years, when I visit Delft I always get Delft blue miniatures for my dollshouses or just for keep sakes.

The little miniatures inspired me to do a Delft Blue room box.

I had this cute room box which a dear friend gave to me a few years ago.


I have painted it, printed a Delft blue flooring and wall paper and also changed the little knob of the drawer.



I worked on a few miniature furniture pieces to compliment the room box. The little lamp shade was also customized to fit in the project.









I have collected some nice pieces from Delft and one of my favorites is the tiny figurine of the Children kissing. I also love the mama cat with her kitten.



I made a few Delft Blue ceramics which originally are from the Royal Delft. 




I enjoyed doing this project as it came so natural do.


Here are some pictures of the complete project.















I have to say I am very proud of it and the nice thing about it is that every time I go to Delft and get a miniature, I can always add it to this project.

I hope you like what I have done.

This is all for today, make sure to keep tuned for the next updates and news.


Take Care and See You Soon.

Hugs,


Rebecca xxx







6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maravillosa.
    Me encanta cuando surge una escena de llena de recuerdo para poder disfrutarl de su vista todos juntos.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blue and white Delft room is gorgeous! I love the box and wallpaper which go so well with the adorable Delft china. Great work!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete