Sunday 3 December 2017

The Timekeeper's Shop - Display Box

Hello Everyone,

How are you all? Hope you are fine and that you have enjoyed your weekend. Today is the first day of Advent. This weekend I was busy putting up the Christmas Tree and decorating for Christmas. The kids loved it as much as I do. 

Time does fly by. In a few weeks we would also be saying goodbye to another year. Mentioning "Time" I have started working on a very small project which is a display box and I have decided to turn it into a Clock Shop. This one is going to be called The Timekeeper's Shop. 


Time is always something that I'm running out of. Time is something that I always fight against. It is something that works precise. There is no going back or going forward. Time can work in your favor or against you. I  have always been a very organized person and let's say quite the perfectionist and to add to my list I am a very punctual person. You would most definite find me five minutes early than a minute late.  Some would say it's a good thing, on the other hand I don't see it that way because at the end I'm the one who has to wait.

I had this display box. It came in white. I had a few figurines in it that  eventually moved to another project. It was put away for a few years and I guess now was the right time to do something with it. At the moment I'm really, really busy. I never have been busy as I have been in the past few weeks and starting a big project is definitely not a wise decision. 


I liked the shape of the shop but I just didn't like the color. So I sanded it down and painted it in a blue-grey color. I also ripped off the old wall paper. 



I wanted a weathered look for it which I dry brushed with dark brown paints. 



Another thing that I hated about this display box was the shop window itself. So I designed a new one using thick cardboard and painted it to match with the display box. 


The front window was designed keeping in mind that I wanted the shop sign; "The Timekeeper's Shop". I have also printed a nice wall paper to match. I didn't want the wall paper to be too eye catching so the clocks won't lose their effect in the shop. 



To add some more details to the front I bricked the lower front of the shop and weathered it to match. 


Being a display box, space is always an issue. You can have a lot of ideas for it but you just can't make them fit. The pieces of furniture had to be custom made for it which I have managed to do. I made a small desk or work table to fit the side wall. 



Then I made a custom made  floor shelf, not too deep but good enough to display the clocks in it. 


I added a few more pieces and I think they fitted in perfectly to the display. 


I guess it will be fun now filling up the walls and shelves with all kind of clocks. There will definitely be more details added to it.

Finally I worked a bit more on the front and I'm really pleased how it turned out. 



I almost forgot.....Posy has also helped me decorate for Christmas. She has found one of my favorite Christmas decorations. My miniature Fisher Price dolls house. She was a great help especially as it's her first Christmas. 




So this is all for today. I hope you like my new small project. I'm looking forward to work on it a bit more.  So keep tuned for the next update. 

Take Care and See You Soon,

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx

14 comments:

  1. Un nuevo proyecto muy interesante y un gran comienzo! me gusta como has re-diseñado el escaparate,queda mucho mejor y el color,también me gusta mucho!
    Que contenta está Posy en su primera navidad!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias por sus amables palabras. Abrazos xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Alexandra. I'm pleased that you liked it. xxx

      Delete
  3. Me han enamorado Posy y tu nuevo proyecto. Tengo un escaparate como el que has utilizado y has conseguido darle un aspecto maravilloso. Ya puedo imaginar el resultado final y no puedo por menos que felicitarte; es una preciosidad! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias. Estoy tan contento de que te guste el nuevo proyecto y Posy xxxx

      Delete
  4. Que buena pinta tiene este nuevo proyecto.
    Estoy deseando verlo terminado.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias. Estoy tan contento de que te haya gustado.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic and wonderful are terms that make little of the beautiful work he has done. I wait patiently to see the interior. . . that will not be less!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elena for your lovely comments. Can't wait to finish it xxx

      Delete
  6. Great ideas! and so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done. I have an ugly purple display thing, maybe I am now inspired to do something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm pleased that you found this inspiring xxx

      Delete