Saturday, 3 February 2018

More Work on The Master Swordsman Pub & Inn

Hello Everyone,

How are you all? Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I am very much the same, busy like always, trying to fit everything in a day or two. I have to admit it has been quite a gloomy day today. It has been raining all day, cloudy and quite cold and like you all know, it doesn't help my mood at all. Can't wait for Spring and my sunny warm days.

Today I will be sharing with you the little progress I made on The Master Swordsman Pub & Inn. For some reason I always start working on the outside of most of my projects. It helps me to picture the inside better. 


As the Chimney was complete, it was time for me to continue working on the outside walls. I wanted something different for the building. I definitely wanted that the ground floor to be bricked and as the building is quite big, I opted to paint the rest. I went for a light grey color which would blend in nicely with the rest. I added fine sand to the paint to give it some texture and I have to say that I am very pleased with the results.


Once all the walls were painted I was dying to see how the chimney would fit in especially with my choice of color.


The only thing that I didn't really like about this kit was something very minor, which was part of the roof terrace. The roof terrace came with two lovely arched windows and just a simple arch to go through without any doors. The kit was always designed like that, but to me it didn't make sense especially when there was a staircase leading to the lower rooms.

Finding an arched door is always a problem and even more difficult to find one to fit and match. No matter how hard I tried searching for one, I couldn't find one that fit the wall's height. During the search for this arched door, one of my dolls houses, the Summer House, captured my eyes as it had a similar arched door that matched the windows of the kit. I took some rough measurements and I knew that with some adaption, it would have fit, if only I could find a new one just for it. 

I had seen several of these brand new and unpainted before and finally with some luck I found one. 


I was really happy with it when it arrived, so I got to work on it immediately. The first thing I did was removing the side windows and the decorative lower part of the door.


It fitted in like a charm. I only had to add a little bit to the sides of the wall  which was no problem at all.


I used thick cardboard which was enough to fit between the walls and the door. Once the glue was set and dried I painted the wall, the door and windows. To strengthen the wall around the door I used wooden corner stones. 


Being such a gloomy day, I drowned myself in miniature work and built the new project. To keep me company Posy decided to join me as she wanted to help and cheer me up. She's a sweetheart. 


I started firstly by building the side walls and the back and when those were done I added the ceilings, flooring and the inner walls. Finally I added the chimney which was a bit tricky to do. When all was done I weathered a bit the walls  to give it a bit more character. The outside is far from ready but I'm pleased with the outcome so far.

Here are some pictures of today's results. 










Posy insisted that she wanted to enter in the first room even if it is empty.


This is all for today, hope you like what I have done so far. I can't wait to start working on the inside especially the pub area. Hopefully I will get to work a bit on it during the coming week. Keep tuned for the next update on this project. 

Take Care and see you soon.

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx

24 comments:

  1. Excellent brickwork and paint finish Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, I'm glad that you liked it xxx

      Delete
  2. This looks so wonderful Rebecca; I love every aspect of the structure!!!!! And I totally love Posy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my dear Jose for your kind words. I have to agree with you when it comes to Posy xxx

      Delete
  3. I love the stucco and the corner block with the brick. The varied textures add so much realism and interest to the project. It looks like a great kit, and will be fun to see how you finish off the rooms inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jodi for your lovely comments. I really appreciate it. I can't wait to start working on the inside. xxx

      Delete
  4. Se ve un exterior muy realista y perfecto,el ladrillo inmejorable,la chimenea me gusta mucho su forma,en conjunto se ve genial!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias por sus encantadores comentarios. Abrazos xxxx

      Delete
  5. Love what you did with the door and windows on the Terrace. The door blends in perfectly! Everything is coming along very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yvette. I am really pleased that you liked the terrace. xxx

      Delete
  6. Wonderful house great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Se ve una fachada fantástica.
    Felicidades.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very beautiful exterior! Great work!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Drora for your kind words xxx

      Delete
  9. Genial como siempre, Rebecca! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks totally great already, and I melt looking at Posy, she's so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jose. I am really glad that you like what I have done so far. Yes Posy is a sweetheart xxx

      Delete