Monday 31 January 2022

The Start of the Renovation - "The Minikin"

Hello Everyone,

How are you all? Hope you had a great weekend.  The weather is quite cold this year here in Malta. I forgot when it was the last time it was a cold.  It is quite normal that January and February are cold but not as cold as this year. 

Today I am very excited to share with you the new project for this year which is 'The Minikin'.


'The Minikin' is actually a restoration project that I had gotten two years ago. It's renovation progress was meant to be aired on the Life & Style' TV Show on NET Tv presented by Charles Saliba. It was aired only once at the beginning but unfortunately due to the Covid-19 the show was stopped and never resumed. 

Charles and I during the last show

  The Minikin is a (1:24) half scale dolls house which came to me in a very poor state but with lots of potential. It's my very first half scale dolls house so I am really excited about it. 


The tiny house came with broken windows and sunburn stains. It's floors and wall paper were in 1:12 scale and didn't have any interior doors or staircase.  The layout of the house is quite nice and unique and it contains four main rooms and two spacious rooms in the roof.  I have to say I am not sure if this dolls house was a kit or hand made, if so who made it built it very well. 




The first thing I did was basically strip the dolls house  papers and change the broken windows and door.


I added a dormer window to the room that was situated in the roof as I was sure it would have looked much better. 


I gave the house a new color in pastel green. I also found some amazing half scale embossed roof sheets and I have to say the house on the outside already looks fantastic. 





I have also designed and printed it's name plaque to be fixed on the wall.  For my first attempt, I have to say I did very well. 



So this is all for today. I hope you like what I have done so far. I can't wait to continue working on this tiny house.  Make sure to keep tuned for the next updates.

Take Care and See You Soon,

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx





2 comments:

  1. Esta bien comenzar el año con nuevo proyecto en nueva escala para ti.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete