Thursday 26 September 2024

Delf Blue and Vermeer

 Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all well. As the Dolls House Nederland Show is a week away, the excitement is growing more and the last few bits and pieces are almost done.

The books 'Designing and Decorating a Period Dolls' House' are already packed and most of the miniatures are set.

One miniature that I have very close to my heart and that I have just finished a couple of days ago is a miniature bust of The Girl with a Pearl Earring Bust.


As you all know Delft in The Netherlands has always been my favourite city. I love the architecture, the buildings, the history and it's Arts. I love the Delft Blue the most and so much so I had made a room box of this back in March 2023 and was featured with an article and front cover on the Dolls' House Nederland Magazine. 

Considering everything, such as Dollshous Nederland, Delft blue, the city of Delft and it's arts, Vermeer comes to mind, and one of my favourite paintings would be the Girl with a Pearl Earring. So here is the miniature Bust of the girl painted in Delf blue colours.  It's like I combined the few aspects that I love in this miniature just in time before the Show. I made just a few busts of her which will also be available during the launch on my stand at the DHN Show on the 5th and 6th October 2024.






I think she turned out very well and I have added her to my room box to mark the special occasion of the launch.

So this is all for today. I hope you like her as much as I have. Make sure to keep tuned for the next updates and latest news.

Take Care and See you Soon.

Hugs,


Rebecca xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment