Thursday 25 August 2016

Sea Shells' Renovation comes to an end!

Hello everyone,

How are things on your side of the world? Hope you are all fine and your week is treating you well. As much as I love Summer and I always wish it to stay at the end of August I always get the same pang I get every year. It is time to start to prepare the kids school stuff. I hate September, I really do! It is just great to have them my babies around.

Before we start I wanted to welcome a new follower and friend Jade Burbank, Welcome!

Sea Shells
Today will be the last post on the renovation of Sea Shells. Yes folks, Sea Shells is complete and I love it.

As most of the inside was complete, it was time to turn for the outside. I still left the color intact as it still looked nice and I love it the way it was. What I did change was the paper on the roof. It had faded away and it had what appeared to be glue stains.

This time I went for roof slates. Very patiently a glued them one by one.


 I am always pleased with the finishing results.


After finishing them and let the glue set, I painted the roof in grey.


I decorated once again the porch. Still used the accessories that I had before but changed slight the position of the pots and the collection of sea shells. 






I left my own hand made name plaque of Sea Shells in the same place. It was my first Name Plaque that I ever made with polymer clay.


Going back to the inside I fixed the curtains once again. I have made a new set of curtains for the balcony which match the bedding of the room and added some lace . I am really pleased how they turned out. 



Jenny the Missy who resides at Sea Shells had a make over too and she was thrilled with the look of her new home.



Finally it was time to turn on the lights of the house to make it complete and I can't believe my eyes how different it looks.




Here are some additional photos of the  house.








Hope you have enjoyed watching the transformation of this little Summer House and I hope you have liked how it turned out.

As I am working on the new property where the Dolls House Collection will move, I won't be working on a new project from scratch. I miss building a brand new kit but as a few months ago I have gotten myself another Vintage Dolls House by the Dolls House Emporium called Rose Cottage, I will start working on this one. So keep tuned for the start on Rose Cottage.

Take Care and hope to see you real soon.

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx


8 comments:

  1. Well done Rebecca. It looks really pretty and it was worth the renovation. I will be looking forward to see your next dolls house project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marie for your kind words. I really appreciate it xxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Love the miniature version of the house in the bedroom. I, also, am looking forward to your next project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yvette. I am really pleased you liked it. Hopefully we will start on the new project very soon. xxx

      Delete
  3. it's wonderful, I like the renovations

    hugs
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marisa for your kind words. xxxx

      Delete