Wednesday 31 August 2016

The Queen Mary's Dolls House - The Queen's Bedroom Collection

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well. Just a quick post. In the next few weeks I will be busy preparing the kids for school. It is something that I dread doing but unfortunately it has to be done. I am not only busy with the kids but extremely busy with the move of my dolls house collection. Works have really started so I am hoping for the best. 

I have started a little work on Rose Cottage at least it will keep me occupied for a couple of weeks. Today I wanted to share with you my complete collection of The Queen Mary's Dolls House Bed room

Queen Mary's Dolls House Bedroom




Queen Mary's Dolls House was built between 1920 and 1924 for Queen Mary wife of King George V. It is breath taking. Everything works. From the water taps to the miniature shotguns. It is over 3 ft tall and it is in 1:12 scale. Today it is displayed at Windsor Castle in England. 


Hopefully one day I will get to see it with my own eyes. 





A few years ago the Dolls House Emporium were given the Royal Permission to make a few replicas from the Queen Mary's Dolls House. Unfortunately not all the sets were done. The first and only set that was made was The Queen's Bed Room.

The Queen's Bed Room by the Dolls House Emporium
I remember myself joining the club were a booklet, a story book and a pin were given. The story book is one of the books which is also found in the Queen Mary's Dolls House.


The full size book that I have
The original miniature book


   


At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to collect the pieces as they were quite pricy and they were limited. But as the collection came to a halt and unfortunately now all the pieces have been discontinued, I couldn't bring myself not to collect the bedroom pieces.

Piece by Piece, I finally managed to collect all the furniture, accessories and wall paper that the Dolls House Emporium offered.




It took me quite a long time to collect but finally I have got them all and I am really glad that I did collect them.

The pieces are so beautiful and I wouldn't know which one is my favorite. I love the walnut desk. The dressing table and the tallboy. 

Dressing table

Desk

Tallboy
I am still not sure what I am going to do with them. But I got myself a book about the Queen Mary's Dolls House and it was definitely worth getting. 



There is so much to see and learn. Obviously not all the pieces of the bedroom were made and I think I know the reason behind it. For example the wardrobe and the Chinese cabinet. I am pretty sure if these had to be replicated they would cost a fortune. Here are a few pictures of the original bed room.



So my big dilemma is I am not sure if I will be making just a room box and giving some extra attention to detail or add them to a future elaborated project that I have in mind. 

They are really beautiful and I am just not sure what would be best.  Should I put them in a Room Box or use them in a Sophisticated Dolls House Project? Any help will be grateful.

So this is all for today. I will be posting in just a couple of days so keep tuned.

Take Care and See you soon.

Hugs,

Rebecca xxx 




7 comments:

  1. Well do e on collecting this collection. No matter what you'll do with it, it will look wonderful. I wonder what project you have in store. Looking forward to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marie. I think I have decided to make a room box after all.

      Delete
  2. I love all of the pieces, Im sure you will figure out a way to finish your project.

    Hugs
    marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marisa. Let's hope I will be able to add some more detail to it. xxx

      Delete
  3. I collected all the furniture pieces as well, although not the wallpaper. Did you finish your room box, and what size did you make it? It's clearly made for a taller than average room but I'm wondering what size to make my room box.

    ReplyDelete